5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noise while turning?

cash4trash

Reaction score
Hey All, I wanted to see if you all had an intermittent noise when turning. This seems to happen when truck is just started, and usually happens when making the first or second left turn from my house. Almost always when cold, not meaning if I drove for a while and re started. It's been in twice, and to two different dealers with the same explanation. "We can't duplicate noise". And now the power steps are going in/out probably 4 times after I close door..... I called dealer to check if any recalls, they said no. BS! I called the a number off a website and three different recalls were done on my truck.

Don't these MF dealers have to disclose recalls? The selling dealer said recall VO7 (steering ground strap) , VO4 (power pedals) were done April 1, and recall V61 (occupant restraining module) done July 31.... I bought truck November 12, and I was not told anything. And now today I seen a website that says a recall for the power steering pump, but not to call FCA until Jan 3, 2020. WTF?

Chris

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey All, I wanted to see if you all had an intermittent noise when turning. This seems to happen when truck is just started, and usually happens when making the first or second left turn from my house. Almost always when cold, not meaning if I drove for a while and re started. It's been in twice, and to two different dealers with the same explanation. "We can't duplicate noise". And now the power steps are going in/out probably 4 times after I close door..... I called dealer to check if any recalls, they said no. BS! I called the a number off a website and three different recalls were done on my truck.

Don't these MF dealers have to disclose recalls? The selling dealer said recall VO7 (steering ground strap) , VO4 (power pedals) were done April 1, and recall V61 (occupant restraining module) done July 31.... I bought truck November 12, and I was not told anything. And now today I seen a website that says a recall for the power steering pump, but not to call FCA until Jan 3, 2020. WTF?

Chris

Hi Chris, I am very sorry to read about your ongoing concerns! If you'd like us to look into anything for you, feel free to send us a private message with your VIN.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

whetrick1

Reaction score

Chris

Is this a 5.7 or a 5.7 Etorque. The 5.7 1500 doesn't have a power steering pump or at least mine doesn't. Now I don't know about the Etorque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cash4trash

Reaction score
Is this a 5.7 or a 5.7 Etorque. The 5.7 1500 doesn't have a power steering pump or at least mine doesn't. Now I don't know about the Etorque.

its 5.7.... I guess it has some kind of power assist rack and pinnion, but not sure.

Chris

whetrick1

Reaction score
Yeah it's electric power assist

Bchbnd

Reaction score
I have the same issue but only when turning to the right. Have a service appointment to replace the “power steering pump” (dealers terminology ) on the 18th. They did say it included the rack & pinion. Will report back with detailed info on replacement and results after I test it out. Mine happens hot or cold under certain situation. 5.7 Hemi and no issues with power steps.

Users who are viewing this thread