5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noise heard when turning into driveway

pikemike

Reaction score
I hear a low frequency groan or vibration when turning right into the driveway. It appears to be coming from either the left front suspension or the steering column. It’s hard to pinpoint precisely where the source is. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any ideas as to what it could be?

ben b

Reaction score
I get a groan when in reverse and turning nearly full lock left or right, typically into or out of a parking space. I can't consistently reproduce it.

Never had it when going forward.

To date, my solution has been to avoid turning so hard.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I’m having new tires installed in a few days and I’ll make sure they have this TSB and address this issue.

Did you have the same issue and did this resolve it?

The issue pops up with worn tires and will go away with new tires.

Get the TSB done before you install new tires or they won’t be able to duplicate the problem

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get the same thing and thanks for the heads up. I even talked to RAM Cares and they never mentioned this......

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue. Fixed with this tsb

Attachments

• TSB 08-137-21 grinding sound.pdf
    61.2 KB · Views: 37

pikemike

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. Fixed with this tsb
I’m glad to hear that. IvoryHemi posted a revised version of that TSB. See above thread, Rev A was issued a few months after the original you sent. I’ll get that module software updated Wednesday before I get the new tires. I’m glad to hear this fix is working for so many. I hate that sound.

Users who are viewing this thread