5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NOCO Warranty

CBH

Reaction score
I ordered a NOCO Genius2D Trickle Charger from Amazon and installed it in the engine bay of my Ram Rebel less than 7 months ago. It died.

NOCO offers a 3-year warranty, so I sent an e-mail to them and received the following response:

“Unfortunately we are not able to reimburse orders from other websites."

Has anybody else had problems with their NOCO Charger or NOCO’s Warranty?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ask for refund or how to send it Back(request rma#) for warranty repair?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds about right. I know GM sells those units but it claims it matches the warranty of the truck or 1 year whichever is longer.
Sounds like they are getting sold as OEM units meaning whoever sells it handles the warranty, ie the seller on Amazon in this case.

CBH

Reaction score
Did you ask for refund or how to send it Back(request rma#) for warranty repair?

Yes, but they won’t take it back because I didn’t buy it directly from the NOCO website. And, when I tried to register it, the NOCO website kept rejecting the 56kb PDF displaying the serial number (a registration requirement), so it would not allow me to continue with registration process.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, but they won’t take it back because I didn’t buy it directly from the NOCO website. And, when I tried to register it, the NOCO website kept rejecting the 56kb PDF displaying the serial number (a registration requirement), so it would not allow me to continue with registration process.
If I understand you correctly I wouldn't expect them to take it back for a refund . Try requesting to return for warranty repair. If you did that already I apologize, there website even explains how to print your amazon invoice should you be to return for warranty repair so buying from Amazon shouldn't be issue for warranty service.

CBH

Reaction score
Thanks! I didn’t even think about warranty repair. When I found the charger dead, my first thought was just to order another one, considering the relatively low cost ($50), fix the problem and “get on with my life.” I’m 70; after a health scare earlier this year, I realized saving $50 isn’t going to extend my life a single minute. That said, I still wasted valuable time sending NOCO an e-mail requesting a refund. And, after being “schooled” by NOCO in a lengthy response, I thought it was important to share my experience with forum members.

ben b

Reaction score
Good to hear that NOCO has been shamed into supporting their defective product. I agree that it isn't worth making your own day miserable when a vendor behaves badly and it might cost you $50 wasted. But still, nobody likes to be taken advantage of.

Glad it all worked out for you.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good to hear that NOCO has been shamed into supporting their defective product. I agree that it isn't worth making your own day miserable when a vendor behaves badly and it might cost you $50 wasted. But still, nobody likes to be taken advantage of.

Glad it all worked out for you.
How was NOCO "shamed into supporting their defective product"? He initially requested a refund for something he purchased from a vendor (Amazon). When asked for warranty support, they provided it.

Kills me when people rip on vendors for sticking to their clearly stated policies:

NOCO - What Is The Return Policy - Support

What Is The Return Policy?​
We make our returns easy with a 30-day money-back guarantee for purchases made on our webstore.​
Read our Return Policy with a 30-day money-back guarantee— only valid for purchases made on NO.CO. If you have purchased a NOCO product from another seller, please return your product with that company.​

I will admit they should update some of their website as it leads one to register, which they NO LONGER REQUIRE as a condition of warranty support.

https://help.no.co/hc/en-us/articles/360053185533-Registering-a-Product

3 years ago Updated
NOCO no longer requires registration of our products in order for them to be eligible for warranty service. If you still wish to register your product to keep a digital copy of the receipt for your purchase saved to your account, please visit our website (NOCO) and log in, or create an account to which the product will be associated/registered.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, you can't get a product refund at Amazon (or most sellers/distributors) beyond 30 days, you need to go to the manufacturer and request a RMA for a repair or replacement from their warranty department.

No worries, the OP figured out the right way to do it now and the company is following up and taking care for their product. No losers here, just a case of understanding the process and Returns vs Warranty.

Last edited:

CBH

Reaction score
As part of the deal, NOCO required me to first purchase another battery charger directly from the NOCO website before NOCO would provide the RMA to send in the dead charger for inspection and refund. I guess it’s a win-win; I get a new charger and a refund; NOCO retains me as a customer. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread