5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No start, needed towed to dealer. Any suggestion would be helpful.

Twoamen

Reaction score
Dealer called yesterday. Truck repaired. Lengthy statement on his tech. tracing a low voltage drop in the ABS system. A white/green wire traced back from the Canbus to a pin that was loose connection. Tech pushed pin, seated and voltage returned to normal. Batter checked out good. Note: somewhere I read a similar problem with an ABS connection causing dead battery. Started when I left dealer, and Started again when I left the vehicle Rental to home. Watched voltage all way home at 14.5.
So plan B is on hold.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Dealer called yesterday. Truck repaired. Lengthy statement on his tech. tracing a low voltage drop in the ABS system. A white/green wire traced back from the Canbus to a pin that was loose connection. Tech pushed pin, seated and voltage returned to normal. Batter checked out good. Note: somewhere I read a similar problem with an ABS connection causing dead battery. Started when I left dealer, and Started again when I left the vehicle Rental to home. Watched voltage all way home at 14.5.
So plan B is on hold.
Glad to hear! Hopefully it’s fixed for good.

Toytruck

Reaction score
So plan B is on hold.

What dealer do you use? I am looking for a better dealer if I have to have any warranty work completed.

Twoamen

Reaction score
Hertrich Dodge Jeep Ram, Elkton MD. Also Jones Ram, jeep, Dodge in Belair. Hertrich has got qualified and good mechanics. But two week backlog even on oil changes.
Jones is as good with 3 day longest backlog, Wallin oil changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online