5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound at all on 8.4 system?

ryco25

Reaction score
New problem this morning - when I got in my truck for the second time today, I found out I had no audio coming out of my speakers. No radio/XM/bluetooth/aux/phone call or even touch screen beeps.

I cycled the power on the unit several times, cycled the truck through on/off/accessory/run several times, but no luck. Audio has been working fine until now, though one day a few weeks ago I didn't have audio until I turned off/turned on my unit. Weather is fine, nothing else out of the ordinary.

Vehicle: '19 Rebel 1500, Level 2 Equipment, 8.4" w/ Nav, standard speaker system.

Anyone had a similar issue / have any suggestions other than hitting up a dealer?

Zipper100

Reaction score
I'm having this exact issue right now. I've tried cycling the truck on/off, but nothing. I'm trying to find the trick to doing a reset on the radio, but can't locate it.

SP97

Reaction score
Someone on another post mentioned this issue and it sounded like it was muted and they were able to unmute it with a button on the steering wheel. Not sure about that solution, but I have had this issue in my 14' Durango and I disconnected the battery and reconnected it and that solved the issue for me.

Detzl

Reaction score
Link to my thread on this issue with a fix. Since I have done my trick it's been flawless.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just want to post this because someone mentioned it in another thread and it worked for me.

Whois502

Mar 15, 2019
Anytime mine does this “no sound” issue. I switch to AM and the sound comes back. Then change to the source i want and all is good again for awhile.

Uconnect support is worthless. Eventually they will fix it with an update.

Users who are viewing this thread