5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No power to 12 volt socket after changing fuse position

eyaldvm

Reaction score
2023 Ram 1500 Limited 5th gen. Tonight I tried switching the fuse position on interior fuse 54. From the factory, it was in the battery supplied (always on) position. I tried switching it to the ignition powered side and now I don’t have any power to my 12 volt plug either with the ignition on or off. I tried switching it back to the battery powered side and that isn’t working either. Checked the fuse, it is still good, switched to new fuse anyway just to be safe and still no power. Does anyone have any ideas why this may have happened? I have no power supplied to my 12 volt socket with a fuse in 54A or 54B position, with or without the ignition being on. Thank you.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2023 Ram 1500 Limited 5th gen. Tonight I tried switching the fuse position on interior fuse 54. From the factory, it was in the battery supplied (always on) position. I tried switching it to the ignition powered side and now I don’t have any power to my 12 volt plug either with the ignition on or off. I tried switching it back to the battery powered side and that isn’t working either. Checked the fuse, it is still good, switched to new fuse anyway just to be safe and still no power. Does anyone have any ideas why this may have happened? I have no power supplied to my 12 volt socket with a fuse in 54A or 54B position, with or without the ignition being on. Thank you.
Make sure the contacts in the duse slot are still there and didn't possible come loose and get pushed down. Could also use a meter to make sure there is power on the fuse slot. I don't know if there is possibly another fuse that feeds that

eyaldvm

Reaction score
HSKR R/T - thanks. The fuse contacts look like they are still where they belong. I also checked voltage at the fuse box and the battery powered side had 12v normally and the ignition side showed power when in run. I suspect I need to look behind the uconnect screen tomorrow to make sure there aren’t any loose connections but seems weird that changing the fuse position from one side of 54 to the other would cause a problem at the actual plug.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
HSKR R/T - thanks. The fuse contacts look like they are still where they belong. I also checked voltage at the fuse box and the battery powered side had 12v normally and the ignition side showed power when in run. I suspect I need to look behind the uconnect screen tomorrow to make sure there aren’t any loose connections but seems weird that changing the fuse position from one side of 54 to the other would cause a problem at the actual plug.
I would put in a new fuse just to be safe. I have seen some that visually look good, but are actually bad.

eyaldvm

Reaction score
Tried that too early onwith no luck, but please keep the ideas coming.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you looked in the 12v socket? Something could be in the bottom preventing contact.

Many moons ago I had a dime fall inside a 12 socket, after a couple fuses I finally pulled out the lighter and saw FDR looking back at me.

eyaldvm

Reaction score
Thanks Scram 1500, great idea that I hadn’t checked but nothing was in there. I pulled the Uconnect screen and made sure all the plugs were connected. Nothing felt loose, but now it’s working. Not sure why this happened with me moving the fuse over one spot, but at least it’s working now. Thanks all for the ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread