5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No parking lot is safe!

Jasonml24

Reaction score
Happy to report I got my truck back today and couldn’t be happier with the work the body shop did to repair her. Had to replace the door and door handle. $2,000.00 total in damage. My OCD feels better now.

Attachments

• 8067BA84-9EB1-4887-BA27-B74C2BEC91B8.jpeg
    8067BA84-9EB1-4887-BA27-B74C2BEC91B8.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 76
  • 6AD8269F-DFA5-42D4-83E7-1EF885F96DFB.jpeg
    6AD8269F-DFA5-42D4-83E7-1EF885F96DFB.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 49F3D95D-5611-456B-BDE0-169342AAC28D.jpeg
    49F3D95D-5611-456B-BDE0-169342AAC28D.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 3FA5797C-3F06-4807-B7E7-6B2CD389C60B.jpeg
    3FA5797C-3F06-4807-B7E7-6B2CD389C60B.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 74

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Happy to report I got my truck back today and couldn’t be happier with the work the body shop did to repair her. Had to replace the door and door handle. $2,000.00 total in damage. My OCD feels better now.
I'm so glad it worked out well for you. I know how bad I felt until Dave from Lancaster Dent Removal came to my house and fixed my shopping cart dent. We "OCD" folks Must have things perfect!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good. Glad it worked out.

Kbav1

Reaction score
One thing I love about this forum is that I can show my wife evidence that others are as OCD about their vehicles as i am. Good to know I'm not alone!
Doorshox - I’m getting a pair!

CMENT

Reaction score
I feel for you. It happened to me at exactly one month after I took delivery - not anywhere near as bad as yours though. Someone shoved a shopping cart handle into my front left fender.

I was able to have Lancaster Dent Removal fix it by View attachment 17014 View attachment 17016 View attachment 17017 paintless dent removal. He did such a good job, you can't even tell. I was dreading a body shop repair. They'd never be able to perfectly match Ivory Tri Coat.

What state? That was a good job. I live Lancaster Penna.

On a side note, I bought my wife a Land Cruiser and after picking it up I shut the garage door and the center hinge took a huge chunk out of the rear “de-foiler/wing’. Not a happy wife at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

tuner1129

Reaction score
Let my son take my truck to a college basketball game last night. He took all the preventative measures I tell him about parking far away from others and it still got hit by the Head Football coach of the college. Luckily the guy called the police and filed a report. My son walked out unknowingly to the police walking around my truck! I swear this is why I stay home! View attachment 17005
This is why i just have my truck in the garage lol Its 4 months old and i just hit 1k. I only take it to places where i know i can park it away from people. But then again people just dont care these days it sucks. Sorry man, my chatger got hit the same was with those big orange carts and had to fix it myself.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
What state? That was a good job. I live Lancaster Penna.

On a side note, I bought my wife a Land Cruiser and after picking it up I shut the garage door and the center hinge took a huge chunk out of the rear “de-foiler/wing’. Not a happy wife at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Lancaster PA. I live in the Harrisburg area. Dave, owner of Lancaster Dent Removal did such a great job, you literally cannot tell there was any damage.

When I get time (yeah right) I'm going to start a thread here on paintless dent removal. I took pictures while Dave was working in my driveway removing the creased damage on the fender. It was very interesting. It may help others on this forum who get body damage avoid repainting.

My truck looks factory after Dave's work. Best of all, no paint.

RockJock

Reaction score
It's very aggravating when you take precautions and something still happens. If the parking lot has those tree/shrub islands with curbs around them I always try to park next to the last one in the row and on the side away from the store. The island protects that side of the truck from shopping carts and the exposed side is away from the store. As an added bonus no one can park on the island side. Most people are too lazy to walk that far anyway. So far so good.

kevinssaco

Reaction score
People suck! Integrity is what happens when nobody is looking right? I have a good one for you. I brought my truck to my local dealership for the car wash stalling issue and picked up my truck looking like this! They neglected to tell me this happened and didn't see it until I got home. I went straight back to the service counter and thought I'd be compensated with their insurance information. Instead they looked at the security cameras where I was parked and low and behold the camera goes dead through an hour in question! They claim it was already there. I'm beside myself because I admire my truck from that angle upon approach at home and at work and it wasn't there before I dropped it off at this dealer! Be warned Colonial Dodge, Ram in Hudson, MA is denying wrongdoing and my insurance company is going to try to investigate and I'm filing a police report today!

Attachments

• IMG_1457.JPG
    IMG_1457.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 54

Ram19Va

Reaction score
How can someone miss such a big vehicle is beyond me... I absolutely hate walking up to my vehicle and seeing damage from people opening car doors into side of it.

porkie

Reaction score
People suck! Integrity is what happens when nobody is looking right? I have a good one for you. I brought my truck to my local dealership for the car wash stalling issue and picked up my truck looking like this! They neglected to tell me this happened and didn't see it until I got home. I went straight back to the service counter and thought I'd be compensated with their insurance information. Instead they looked at the security cameras where I was parked and low and behold the camera goes dead through an hour in question! They claim it was already there. I'm beside myself because I admire my truck from that angle upon approach at home and at work and it wasn't there before I dropped it off at this dealer! Be warned Colonial Dodge, Ram in Hudson, MA is denying wrongdoing and my insurance company is going to try to investigate and I'm filing a police report today!
Yikes. Won’t be going there for service

Trfnj74

Reaction score

That's nuts... I would lawyer up or at least pay for one to call them. I actually looked at a truck there but ended up ordering from Herb Chambers.

AlJ

Reaction score
Yikes. Won’t be going there for service
[QUOTE="kevinssaco, post: 116382, member: 7955"
[/QUOTE]

I am feeling fortunate today after reading about your incident. I took my truck to the Dealership today to have the rear window replaced because the casing was cracked and water was leaking down the inside back wall of the cab. The Dealership called this afternoon to tell me the back window replacement went well, BUT during the removal and installation of the back seats, they folded down the rear seat behind the driver's seat and the trim molding cut the seat leather. I asked them to send me a picture of the damage, and after seeing the tear, I realized that I probably would have never noticed it or it could have been easily covered up. They are overniting a new seat back to repair the damage and hope to have my truck back to me by Friday. That's INTEGRITY, plus they put me in a '18 Challenger as a loaner, however, I like my truck more.

Attachments

• 26939.jpeg
    26939.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 23

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
For hit and run I wonder if dash cam would help

Highly recommend a good dash cam. I put them in all my cars. People have actually used the footage to track down a hit and run in a parking lot so for a couple of hundred bucks for a solid dash cam...well worth the investment. Check out the dash cam thread...I just put mine in a few weeks ago.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I brought my truck to my local dealership for the car wash stalling issue and picked up my truck looking like this! They neglected to tell me this happened and didn't see it until I got home.

I feel your pain...happened to me in 2002 with a brand new Sierra Denali in for it's first oil change. Dent in the door. Got home and saw it and my heart sunk. Went right back up there and they initially denied it. I knew the lift it was on and requested they take it back to the lift that it was serviced on. The dent was EXACTLY where a section of the lift had no rubber protector on it and it lined up perfectly. They then took accountability for it and repaired my door. From that point forward, I do the following 100% of the time:

1. My service advisor and I walk around the car together looking for any damage or scratches. I make him document that the car/truck is in perfect condition.
2. When my vehicle is ready, I walk around it and look it over with a fine tooth comb. NEVER leave a dealership until after you throughly inspect your vehicle!!!

Last edited:

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
[QUOTE="kevinssaco, post: 116382, member: 7955"

I am feeling fortunate today after reading about your incident. I took my truck to the Dealership today to have the rear window replaced because the casing was cracked and water was leaking down the inside back wall of the cab. The Dealership called this afternoon to tell me the back window replacement went well, BUT during the removal and installation of the back seats, they folded down the rear seat behind the driver's seat and the trim molding cut the seat leather. I asked them to send me a picture of the damage, and after seeing the tear, I realized that I probably would have never noticed it or it could have been easily covered up. They are overniting a new seat back to repair the damage and hope to have my truck back to me by Friday. That's INTEGRITY, plus they put me in a '18 Challenger as a loaner, however, I like my truck more.
[/QUOTE]
That's a good dealership for sure.

kevinssaco

Reaction score
I feel your pain...happened to me in 2002 with a brand new Sierra Denali in for it's first oil change. Dent in the door. Got home and saw it and my heart sunk. Went right back up there and they initially denied it. I knew the lift it was on and requested they take it back to the lift that it was serviced on. The dent was EXACTLY where a section of the lift had no rubber protector on it and it lined up perfectly. They then took accountability for it and repaired my door. From that point forward, I do the following 100% of the time:

1. My service advisor and I walk around the car together looking for any damage or scratches. I make him document that the car/truck is in perfect condition.
2. When my vehicle is ready, I walk around it and look it over with a fine tooth comb. NEVER leave a dealership until after you throughly inspect your vehicle!!!
My fiancé and I both said we are going to start taking pictures before we drop our cars off for service. I’m also considering a dash cam.

kevinssaco

Reaction score
Highly recommend a good dash cam. I put them in all my cars. People have actually used the footage to track down a hit and run in a parking lot so for a couple of hundred bucks for a solid dash cam...well worth the investment. Check out the dash cam thread...I just put mine in a few weeks ago.
I’m going to get one this weekend. I’m tired of this crap! Nobody gives a damn about other people’s property anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread