5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No notifications- android auto

Contentment

Reaction score
I do not get my notifications with android auto. Anyone else have this issue? Is it normal? I like the navigation but it is not worth the loss of all notifications outside of text and phone calls. My phone stoos making all sounds itself and through the speakers

Truck-- 19 ram rebel 8" infotainment
Phone-- lg v30+

bigbadford91

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems on my 2020. Did you ever figure it out?

I do not get my notifications with android auto. Anyone else have this issue? Is it normal? I like the navigation but it is not worth the loss of all notifications outside of text and phone calls. My phone stoos making all sounds itself and through the speakers

Truck-- 19 ram rebel 8" infotainment
Phone-- lg v30+

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I've had the issue on and off. Last time it happened I discovered the audio was reset to off/min after an update. Only way to get it back working was to catch android auto when it was "talking" and turn the volume up. I pulled this off by starting navigation and then turning the volume up at the same time.

It's a nice design that RAM has where you can adjust the volume separate from the regular radio volume but it has this horrible side effect. Could be something different from what you are experiencing, but this was my issue and how I solved it.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've noticed that if I don't have it on the AA screen I don't receive notifications. Mine has never notified for anything outside texts or calls, are you talking emails and stuff? S8 plus.

bigbadford91

Reaction score
I have to have it on the AA screen to receive the popup notification but there is no sound. I have to be looking at the screen at the time a notification pops up or I miss it. Kind of defeats the purpose on keeping my eyes on the road. Navigation works fine. Its text messages that I'm having an issue with. I have a Samsung S9.

I've noticed that if I don't have it on the AA screen I don't receive notifications. Mine has never notified for anything outside texts or calls, are you talking emails and stuff? S8 plus.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to have it on the AA screen to receive the popup notification but there is no sound. I have to be looking at the screen at the time a notification pops up or I miss it. Kind of defeats the purpose on keeping my eyes on the road. Navigation works fine. Its text messages that I'm having an issue with. I have a Samsung S9.
Think I know what you mean. Pretty sure mine only makes a sound if the ringer on my phone is also on. I almost always keep my phone on vibrate.

badpewterz

Reaction score
its an AA issue as it puts certain notifications to silent when in "car mode" and some set all notifications to do not disturb in this mode. last year it was even worse as it silenced everything but a call. not even texts would get pushed. now those are all back and with the most recent AA update calls/texts are working along with reading texts again. as for the other emails/games/ect im only seeing those on the phone screen and not the uconnect. but this is not a truck issue. it is a AA/phone issue ( have the same hiccups in the wifes kia telluride)

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
its an AA issue as it puts certain notifications to silent when in "car mode" and some set all notifications to do not disturb in this mode. last year it was even worse as it silenced everything but a call. not even texts would get pushed. now those are all back and with the most recent AA update calls/texts are working along with reading texts again. as for the other emails/games/ect im only seeing those on the phone screen and not the uconnect. but this is not a truck issue. it is a AA/phone issue ( have the same hiccups in the wifes kia telluride)

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

badpewterz

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares
oh no im good i love my truck and my Android auto works the same as it does in 3 other vehicles its not something with the truck at all is what i was trying to get at

sorry for the confusion

bigbadford91

Reaction score
Don't know what I did but it is now working. I unpaired my phone, reset everything back to factory defaults, uninstalled AA and then redid everything. I am now receiving my notifications!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
oh no im good i love my truck and my Android auto works the same as it does in 3 other vehicles its not something with the truck at all is what i was trying to get at

sorry for the confusion

No problem! Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything.

Alison
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread