5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No need to change transmission fluid for the life of the truck...REALLY?

John Jensen

Reaction score
My point was and is, my wrenching days are over except for the simple easy to get to stuff like batteries, air filters, cabin filters etc. For those of you who like to do all of your service work, good for you. I was once just like you, but I've enjoyed all I want of it. I know when the truck needs to be serviced, and have good people in good shops to do that for me.
Same here. At 88 I find there are things my mind says I can do but my body refuses.

Reactions: c3k

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My point was and is, my wrenching days are over except for the simple easy to get to stuff like batteries, air filters, cabin filters etc. For those of you who like to do all of your service work, good for you. I was once just like you, but I've enjoyed all I want of it. I know when the truck needs to be serviced, and have good people in good shops to do that for me.
Good shops and good people are extremely rare these days. But you can throw a rock and hit a dozen predatory dealers who wont even do the work they charged you for.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Good shops and good people are extremely rare these days. But you can throw a rock and hit a dozen predatory dealers who wont even do the work they charged you for.
I'm blessed with an extremely talented son who willingly takes over whenever there is a need

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
if it comes to the time where I decide to flush mine, I’ll be hooking it up to a BG trans flush machine.

gmantwo

Reaction score
I am about to do the pan filter fluid change. Why not just drill a hole in the corner of the original pan to let it drain before trying to do the pan bolt pan drop get wet sequence?

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am about to do the pan filter fluid change. Why not just drill a hole in the corner of the original pan to let it drain before trying to do the pan bolt pan drop get wet sequence?
Why would you do that? The plan has a drain plug.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread