5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Lifetime Warranty, so now what?????

robbiele

Reaction score
Since there is now no lifetime warranty offered, what is the extended warranty to have now?

I just can't understand the thought process of cancelling it completely...I get price increases but outright canceling it seems odd (even though other brands don't offer it) I had a die hard GM guy convinced to make the leap because of the lifetime warranty, but now...

Luxy72462

Reaction score
For $695 I got the lifetime powertrain warranty and it shipped included an 84 month warranty on the wheels if there is any damage whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiele

Reaction score
Well, I haven't purchased a new one yet and just figured out today that it's no longer offered. It may have just pushed me to not purchase a new truck at all. I purchased a 2013 longhorn new and wasn't going to purchase the lifetime warranty until I was sure it would be the truck brand I wanted to stay with. Now, I was ready to get a new one and now no warranty.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For $695 I got the lifetime powertrain warranty and it shipped included an 84 month warranty on the wheels if there is any damage whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang, I must of missed something. Never got that deal. Grats to you though

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Well, I haven't purchased a new one yet and just figured out today that it's no longer offered. It may have just pushed me to not purchase a new truck at all. I purchased a 2013 longhorn new and wasn't going to purchase the lifetime warranty until I was sure it would be the truck brand I wanted to stay with. Now, I was ready to get a new one and now no warranty.
Not sure why this would stop you from buying a new vehicle. As you stated, no one else offers a lifetime warranty so it sounds like you are in trouble no matter what you do. Why not get the 7 year unlimited warranty?

robbiele

Reaction score
Not sure why this would stop you from buying a new vehicle. As you stated, no one else offers a lifetime warranty so it sounds like you are in trouble no matter what you do. Why not get the 7 year unlimited warranty?

7 year unlimited just may do the trick...we shall see

harleyrae

Reaction score
At least you didn't purchase expecting to buy it withint the 12 month period. I purchased mine 11/17/18 and was told it was ok to wait but to make sure and get it within those first 12 months. I found out about the cancellation of lifetime 12/1 and it was too late. This and the gas mileage are the only two things I am disappointed with.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ I heared same thing on warranty, just looked in to it and lost. But what ever, I’m in it and lovin’ it! Unless it becomes a big pile of poop quickly. I’ll just use the plug and play of adds I want down the line.
Mileage isn’t bad to me at this time as it’s still breaking in for some time . Its a pretty iconic power train filled with reliability, power and full of fun for years to come.

Tilter

Reaction score
If you switch to GEICO you can get 7 year 100k mike bumper to bumper with a $250 deductible. It’s suoer cheap. And even if you already bought the truck you can get it so long as it’s under 9,000 miles or so. I’ve used it, I’ve had friends and family use it as well. And you pay the repair facility the $250 deductible. It’s called Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. And despite what State Farm commercials try to say about places like GEICO and Progressive I’ve had terrific luck with GEICO with both regular customer service as well as accident related customer service.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you switch to GEICO you can get 7 year 100k mike bumper to bumper with a $250 deductible. It’s suoer cheap. And even if you already bought the truck you can get it so long as it’s under 9,000 miles or so. I’ve used it, I’ve had friends and family use it as well. And you pay the repair facility the $250 deductible. It’s called Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. And despite what State Farm commercials try to say about places like GEICO and Progressive I’ve had terrific luck with GEICO with both regular customer service as well as accident related customer service.

Have you actually used this to get something repaired?

I like Geico and Progressive too.

Tilter

Reaction score
Have you actually used this to get something repaired?

I like Geico and Progressive too.

Yes, several times over the years. And several people I know. With a $250 deductible people just don’t bombard them for stuff, and with Powertrain warranties going for 2/3 of the warranty and full warranties going for half they are pretty safe from a risk standpoint

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for info, I’ll look into that. I just switch coverage over from pos to new to get on the road didn’t do any more with it.

64bit

Reaction score
At least you didn't purchase expecting to buy it withint the 12 month period. I purchased mine 11/17/18 and was told it was ok to wait but to make sure and get it within those first 12 months. I found out about the cancellation of lifetime 12/1 and it was too late. This and the gas mileage are the only two things I am disappointed with.
Mpg on my truck is a joke, LoL, its sucks, im afraid to install a nice muffler and the MPG goes to hell after daily spirit driving, but that V8 rumble sounds delicious!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
GEICO is awesome - their mechanical breakdown insurance is the best kept secret in car insurance. I've had it on all my cars. They've paid for some very expensive repairs over the years. I am surprised they continue to allow me to sign up for it. Most recently, the transmission went on my wife's Pilot right after the powertrain warranty expired at 60k miles. The shop also found that bushings needed to be replaced and parking sensors were busted. The shop wrote it all up and 1 call to GEICO was all that was needed for the approval on the work.

The most egregious offender I've owned was the A4 I had prior to the 1500...there were several 3k+ repair bills that GEICO covered no problem whatsoever.

Also, since you don't have to pay the full premium for carrying the coverage with GEICO up front, I throw the full 7 years of MBS premiums into a savings account and let interest accrue to offset the eventual deductible payments.

XDBrad

Reaction score
I went with USAA on a similar policy as GEICO, 7 years 100k and zero deductable. I’m betting all the reputable offerings from places like USAA and GEICO are pretty similar and legitimate. I had the USAA policy on my previous truck and used it three times with the worst being a $5k bill for a new top end and all emissions. USAA picked up the tab and a rental for three weeks to boot. Maybe not as good as a lifetime but good enough for me.

robbiele

Reaction score
Glad to hear all the other warranty options...thanks for all the info

TalibanHater

Reaction score
I went with USAA on a similar policy as GEICO, 7 years 100k and zero deductable. I’m betting all the reputable offerings from places like USAA and GEICO are pretty similar and legitimate. I had the USAA policy on my previous truck and used it three times with the worst being a $5k bill for a new top end and all emissions. USAA picked up the tab and a rental for three weeks to boot. Maybe not as good as a lifetime but good enough for me.

I have usaa extended warranty for my '11 Nissan Titan. I've used it a few times. Most recently i needed..crap.. I can't recall it all. Wheel bearing was involved. Anyway it was like $1500 in repairs. Its saved me more than it cost. First time i ever bought an extended warranty and it turned out well. I think it expires in a year or like 20k miles, whichever comes first. Hopefully, a Ram will come first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online