5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Key Detected

Hodag Ram

Reaction score
I just have a 2025 Ram 1500. 3.0 L SST. I’ve been stranded numerous times now with the “no key detected “. I can remote start it with the key fob. Lock it, unlock it, shut it off. After about 20 minutes it just magically starts. The dealer has had it twice now and they’ve done what the service bulletins says. Still have the problem. Anyone else hear of this ?

I just have a 2025 Ram 1500. 3.0 L SST. I’ve been stranded numerous times now with the “no key detected “. I can remote start it with the key fob. Lock it, unlock it, shut it off. After about 20 minutes it just magically starts. The dealer has had it twice now and they’ve done what the service bulletins says. Still have the problem. Anyone else hear of this ?
I have not heard of that but if it happens again push the start/stop button with the fob and see if it starts .

My 2019 big horn does this even though the key fob is tucked into my belt or in my pocket. It does it a lot more since I moved everything over to the AJT design Key Fob. I have the chip swapped also, just doesn't pick it up when I get in to start it. Even if I auto start it sometimes it won't recognize it. I started tossing the keys into the console when I get in now to avoid the issue.

sounds like ya probably have the rear window leak and the electric hub behind the seats got wet and is causing problems..

There is a Star case for this, they need to contact engineering.

I have not heard of that but if it happens again push the start/stop button with the fob and see if it starts .
I took both fobs with me the last time it did it. Neither fob would work when pushing the start button.

My 2025 Lonestar has done this twice where the FOB is not detected with it happening last night after I remote started it while walking to my vehicle in an open parking lot. When I got inside everything else works like lock/unlock, yet touching the key to the button to start does not work. I basically tried locking the door and unlocking then opening the door and closing then locking and unlocking and it eventually detected. I am curious what the fix is for this, I imagine dealers are seething this with their loaners as well as new owners if we already have a thread opening here for these new models.

My 2025 Lonestar has done this twice where the FOB is not detected with it happening last night after I remote started it while walking to my vehicle in an open parking lot. When I got inside everything else works like lock/unlock, yet touching the key to the button to start does not work. I basically tried locking the door and unlocking then opening the door and closing then locking and unlocking and it eventually detected. I am curious what the fix is for this, I imagine dealers are seething this with their loaners as well as new owners if we already have a thread opening here for these new models.
Mine is a Bighorn/Lonestar , it’s in the shop right now. They have no fix as of the end of day today. No software update. The dealer can’t duplicate it. The next time it happens I’m going to call the dealership and tell them to send a tech out to me.

My 2019 big horn does this even though the key fob is tucked into my belt or in my pocket. It does it a lot more since I moved everything over to the AJT design Key Fob. I have the chip swapped also, just doesn't pick it up when I get in to start it. Even if I auto start it sometimes it won't recognize it. I started tossing the keys into the console when I get in now to avoid the issue.
Mine does this with the AJT case. I just have to open the case and reclosdnit then it's good for another week or two.

Just got a call from Stelantis customer service. They told me they have no fix for this at this time. Engineering is looking into it. Told me to try a different dealer to see if they have an answer. If there is no fix, how would a different dealer have an answer. I’ll be contacting Stelantis and complaining some more.

Someone already mentioned the RF Hub. They can fail intermittently and in different ways. Not necessarily catastrophic or even related to water intrusion. Mention that to them as a possible cause. Who knows what their response will be.

I've had this happen to me in my 2013, 2015 and in my 2022. In all cases, I discovered the FOB was in my left pants pocket and my cell phone was in the left cargo pocket covering the FOB. I recall the owner's manual discussing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back