5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Hellwig for Christmas

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
I was gonna buy a Hellwig rsb.. today they’re going for over $400. Has anyone tried a cheaper bar? $400+ is outrageous for just a bar.
Wait a few months. One of two things should happen in the next 12 to 18 months: inflation will come down (already happening in goods as per CPI) and/or the Fed will cause a recession by tightening too much.

In either of those scenarios you'll be seeing things cheaper than you see them today. Housing and autos have already begun moving lower, the rest will follow.

runamuck

Reaction score
just about everything is way high now. just hope nobody swipes your catalytic converter. seems they have doubled in price. according to the money guys, all next year will be more of the same so may as well bite the bullet. swapping out the sway bar is a worthy upgrade. I shop everyday for a new 2500 Ram laramie but only see high prices for them and very few gas models.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait a few months. One of two things should happen in the next 12 to 18 months: inflation will come down (already happening in goods as per CPI) and/or the Fed will cause a recession by tightening too much.

In either of those scenarios you'll be seeing things cheaper than you see them today. Housing and autos have already begun moving lower, the rest will follow.
Yea some things will come down but not too optimistic on many things - I work in manufacturing and several factories are closing in China due to covid so anything coming out of there fully made or raw materials will remain high - there are still plenty shortages in some sectors but you did say 12-18 months so we'll see
Atleast gas came down form high $6.00 for 87 to $3.95 this morning in my area - lets see how long that stays

4thRam

Reaction score
What makes this sway bar so much better? What does it do for drivability?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've only ever upgraded the rear. Everything I've read says that makes the most difference.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've only ever upgraded the rear. Everything I've read says that makes the most difference.
On my 99 and 00 Dakotas the Hotchkis front way bar made more of a difference than the rear. But this was 2wd models that people wanted for corner carving

fliptide

Reaction score
$311 at American Trucks
That is where I bought mine just before Christmas. Site still shows that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online