5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No cold climate blower delay?

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
It's gotten cold in Michigan lately, and I've noticed that the auto climate control does not delay the blower when the truck is cold. It will just start blowing cold air right after you start the truck. This is the first vehicle in probably 15 years that I've owned that behaves this way. Heck, I'm pretty sure I even had some cars in the 90s with auto climate that would delay the blower until the engine warmed up a bit. Has anyone heard about the potential for an update to fix this in the future?

Reaction score
Huh, would love to hear more feedback on this. Had our first chilly day here in RI a couple of days ago and I was thinking it odd the blower was on before the car warmed up.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
It's gotten cold in Michigan lately, and I've noticed that the auto climate control does not delay the blower when the truck is cold. It will just start blowing cold air right after you start the truck. This is the first vehicle in probably 15 years that I've owned that behaves this way. Heck, I'm pretty sure I even had some cars in the 90s with auto climate that would delay the blower until the engine warmed up a bit. Has anyone heard about the potential for an update to fix this in the future?
AGREE! My wife and I noticed this too and we were disappointed! I really hope that it can be fixed otherwise what a dumb design to create a windchill in an already cold vehicle.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
X3...and I'm in Texas. We went from 85 to 41 overnight, and it was pretty cold feeling that A/C the next morning! Fortunately, the seat heater helped warm me up, and the heated steering wheel is awesome.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
x 4 here...wish there was a delay on the blower until the engine heated up when climate was in Auto...i have to assume this is something the engineers missed, not
Purposefully done..gonne be interesting as it continues to get colder.

@RamCares ...here is a good one for feedback to engineering.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
X5 - I'm going to have to stop using Auto just for this. I'm assuming a firmware flash can update this in the future? I still think Ram's going to have to release an update for the HVAC behavior to address some of the AC complaints, fogging the windshield in the summer, and now this.

Users who are viewing this thread