5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No CD player in my 2020 1500

Maconi

Reaction score
To be fair, if you're actually an audiophile you probably have a drive plugged into the entertainment system with all your FLAC files on (ripped from the CDs you own). The CD player is redundant (unless you seriously keep a binder of CDs in your truck like it's still the 90's, to each their own if so lol).

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah i would just get a mini thumb drive and copy all your cd's to it. The drive I have can hold like 40,000 songs. I'm pretty sure your collection wont exceed the thumb drives capacity!!!

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I'd be ok with this... even prefer it as I might even use it for something. The CD player only gets used as a punch line... "Hahaha... your truck has a CD player in it? Where's the cassette deck? No 8-track?"

ddharris

Reaction score
Wait - you built it, it didn't have a CD player and you're pizzed the dealer didn't call you to ask if you wanted a CD player? GTFO.

I'm upset mine came with a CD player - useless hunk of garbage and a waste of space for prehistoric technology.

You are buying a $50K plus truck, you can probably spring or some technology from this century.:devilish:

Prehistoric tech? CD' s still sound great and have even production quality .

Gsmith223

Reaction score
Wait - you built it, it didn't have a CD player and you're pizzed the dealer didn't call you to ask if you wanted a CD player? GTFO.

I'm upset mine came with a CD player - useless hunk of garbage and a waste of space for prehistoric technology.

You are buying a $50K plus truck, you can probably spring or some technology from this century.:devilish:
Wait till your car play goeds to **** like mine did. You will be begging for a good CD lol

diamondmi

Reaction score
I notice you got the trailer tow group...did the dealer tell you that the tow mirrors are not power folding and you lose your 360 cameras? That would bother me more than the CD player if I wasn't told about that whole debacle.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I didn’t get the tow group. I only got the tow break. So my mirrors are power and wouldn’t have it any other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. Truck arrived!!! Yes!

diamondmi

Reaction score
Dang. Can someone post a picture of the '20 cubby? I was getting a rock chip repaired yesterday and just stared at that dang CD player and wondered what I could fit into that spot...

b775ec70dd5ba52e659f978e5c260fe6.jpg
212802449ef720d4065a165de8309630.jpg

Not much of a cubby. Can’t even fit my small EZ Pass in it. Might be good for toothpicks maybe.

Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. Truck arrived!!! Yes!

Last edited:

diamondmi

Reaction score
Yeah i would just get a mini thumb drive and copy all your cd's to it. The drive I have can hold like 40,000 songs. I'm pretty sure your collection wont exceed the thumb drives capacity!!!

Won’t work. I tried it. Format on CDs is AIF or something and system doesn’t recognize the files. Music on CDs need to be converted to MP3.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I just use a thumb drive, I wish I didn't have the cd player (which is under the middle seat on my truck). Wonder how hard it would be to swap out my middle seat with a rebel one :D

Hackmunch

Reaction score
**** if you have the split bench they put the cd player under the seat lol. really usless there.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I realize it’s old technology but I still have some I listen to and have sermons from a favorite pastor I recently purchased and it came with all CDs.
How much does a pastor cost? :p

At first I was disappointed that I could've had a cubby instead of CD player. Then I saw the pics with dimensions. Would have been cool if it was a bit deeper. Would have made it more convenient for my phone when I'm using CarPlay with a short cable. Those phone slots are a bit tight with the console in the forward position. It's really easy to bump the toggles and turn something off (or on) that you didn't intend to.

I was also thinking that maybe Ram should offer a tube amp for the audiophiles. Then I remembered that many folks are complaining about the inadequacy of the AC, so why throw more heat into the equation? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread