5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No air bag deployed

OleNavyMane

Reaction score
Hit a tree. No air bags went off. RAM has opened a special investigation into the

Yeah. It was just myself involved. Spraind a wrist. Hit my face off steering wheel. Blew blood vessels in my eye.. wife says I look like a zombie lol. Thanks for asking!
What's the word on the truck? Repairable, total loss?

M02v8r

Reaction score
Ouch! Glad you are ok. By the picture, looks like you were definitely over the speed threshold upon impact and the airbag should have deployed. Be interesting to see why it didn't. By all indications from the one pic you sent it should have gone off.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s wild. Glad you’re ok and didn’t break any bones in your face or neck. RAM and your insurance company are going to be on pins and needles until you sign a waver form saying you’re ok. Personally, I’ll never sign one of those again since you can’t predict problems down the road.

Godscountryrider

Reaction score
That’s wild. Glad you’re ok and didn’t break any bones in your face or neck. RAM and your insurance company are going to be on pins and needles until you sign a waver form saying you’re ok. Personally, I’ll never sign one of those again since you can’t predict problems down the road.
Ya I went to hospital just in case to get checked out

Godscountryrider

Reaction score
Update. Talked to a sub contractor for FCA today. He uses a bosh scanner to pull vehicle data.
His explanation to me is most likely the computer determined there was no air bag needed in the accident. And that it's 99.9% unlikely they simply failed. He should be out here in a week or 2 to pull the data. So we shall see

Users who are viewing this thread