5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitto Ridge/Terra Grapplers

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have narrowed my choices of new tires to the Ridge Grappler or the Terra Grappler G2's. I have the Ridge Grappler's on my 2008 Tundra and I am pretty happy with them, but they are a little louder than I prefer. I'm certain that they will be a little quieter on the new truck, just because the insulation on the Ram is that much better than my 13 year old Tundra.

Does anyone have experience with the Ridge Grapplers and the Terra Grappler G2's that can give me the pro's and con's of both tires? I do a fair amount of dirt road driving but no real off-road stuff. We get ~70" of snow per year, so winter driving performance is important to me. I will gladly trade better snow performance for a slightly louder tire.

The tire size I've settled on is 305/55R20. I don't need an E or F rated tire and fortunately Nitto offers both tires in non LT rated tire. The LT tires are 10-15 lbs heavier per tire which is pretty significant. I'm surprised that more tire manufacturers don't offer a lighter version of their tires like Nitto does with the Ridge and Terra Grapplers.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the original Terra Grapplers on my old truck. Not much changed between those and the G2's. They were decently quiet, but not aggressive in appearance. Dry and wet they did well, I rarely get snow, but they didn't perform great. When they got to around 50k miles the traction went downhill extremely fast.

Users who are viewing this thread