5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitrous oxide discussion

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for an easy power adder for 5.7 etorque. All the engines can use nitrous, so posted here.

Who's done it? Levels? Successes or failures? Brands? Components? Etc.?

MattGalmish

Reaction score
Looking for an easy power adder for 5.7 etorque. All the engines can use nitrous, so posted here.

Who's done it? Levels? Successes or failures? Brands? Components? Etc.?

Why…………..just why? Is it just for adding power? Or are you racing it? Nitrous can and will destroy the motor, plugs, pistons, etc if it’s not tuned. Not to mention most kits are designed around wide open throttle use anyways. I mean how often do you use WOT? I think I’ve only done that once during my road test when I bought my truck.

I would say stick with a Magnussen S/C or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No such thing as an “easy” power adder.

You will need to Have your ecu unlocked and find a good tuner to set it up as well.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whoa, ease up on the flat-bill-ing guys. BTDT, got the trophy, 35 years. Mines the (V6) on the right. Motorcycles as well. Placed in the Mods/accessories forum to get all the engines. More performance oriented threads in the 5.7 sub forum, but just trying to catch everyone.

1643131570849.jpeg

100 shot would be reasonable to play with on a V8.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've sprayed a wet 200 shot using an A-La-Cart NX custom set up I did on stock parts in my old 2003 QC 1500 Ram 5.7L, I had that truck in the low 12's on DR's. Went through three 545RFE's during that time and had a blast.

MattGalmish

Reaction score
Whoa, ease up on the flat-bill-ing guys. BTDT, got the trophy, 35 years. Mines the (V6) on the right. Motorcycles as well. Placed in the Mods/accessories forum to get all the engines. More performance oriented threads in the 5.7 sub forum, but just trying to catch everyone.

View attachment 118319

100 shot would be reasonable to play with on a V8.

Sorry, wasn’t trying to be mean or anything. Just was trying to understand the reasoning behind adding the nitrous to the truck for a little more power that would only be used under WOT. When a s/c is the better alternative for consistent power for all RPMs.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ATM and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only offering for a DT RAM in the forced induction area is a Procharger kit. I suppose you could contact Modern Muscle or Arrington Performance and get a custom twin-screw done, or even turbo, but you better bring the big boy checkbook.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t keep stepping over the etorque. “Fun” use only. $1k vs $7k.

MattGalmish

Reaction score
ATM and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only offering for a DT RAM in the forced induction area is a Procharger kit. I suppose you could contact Modern Muscle or Arrington Performance and get a custom twin-screw done, or even turbo, but you better bring the big boy checkbook.

Sorry, you are correct. Whipple makes a twin screw for the 5th Gen I believe though.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why…………..just why? Is it just for adding power? Or are you racing it? Nitrous can and will destroy the motor, plugs, pistons, etc if it’s not tuned. Not to mention most kits are designed around wide open throttle use anyways. I mean how often do you use WOT? I think I’ve only done that once during my road test when I bought my truck.

I would say stick with a Magnussen S/C or similar.

I just got to add. I WOT my truck often. I do it to every car I own. Even a Ford Focus I had. Sold it. With 130k and oil would be clean at 7k. My dad always said drive it like you stole it. To each there own.

Now for the truth of posting here. Looking forward to some videos of a forced induction 5th gen or wet shot.

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just get the button and keep your friends guessing -

1643165154505.jpeg

MattGalmish

Reaction score
I just got to add. I WOT my truck often. I do it to every car I own. Even a Ford Focus I had. Sold it. With 130k and oil would be clean at 7k. My dad always said drive it like you stole it. To each there own.

Now for the truth of posting here. Looking forward to some videos of a forced induction 5th gen or wet shot.

As do I, just personal opinion on the S/C > No2

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A mild wet shot would be hella fun.

sessman

Reaction score

And this is why I don't buy used vehicles!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And this is why I don't buy used vehicles!
Better for the engine to go through the RPMs than putz around all the time. I go WOT at least once every time I drive the truck. And have done that with every vehicle I have owned. Never caused an issue. Had 120k miles in three years in a 99 Dakota R/T with a fair share of that on the drag strip, and WOT almost every time accelerating from a stop. When I wrecked it and took engine apart, the stock bottom end still looked awesome. Still factory crosshatching on all cylinders. No scoring. Bearings all looked great

Users who are viewing this thread