5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nitrous oxide discussion

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Better for the engine to go through the RPMs than putz around all the time. I go WOT at least once every time I drive the truck. And have done that with every vehicle I have owned. Never caused an issue. Had 120k miles in three years in a 99 Dakota R/T with a fair share of that on the drag strip, and WOT almost every time accelerating from a stop. When I wrecked it and took engine apart, the stock bottom end still looked awesome. Still factory crosshatching on all cylinders. No scoring. Bearings all looked great

Took the words from my mouth. I rather buy a car or truck that sees WOT here and there then never.

jkm312

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with a WOT once in awhile in the right places. It's kinda fun to light her up. Gives me an idea. The service writer at my dealership is a good guy, but wound up a bit too tight sometimes. Never occurred to me to put a nitrous button in the dash. :ROFLMAO:

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anybody use a 2 dial, adjustable window switch? With many gear changes (8sp, 3.92), how can you cycle N2O on/off/on fast enough, and have the engine unload fast enough? Probably couldn't get to cycle fast enough below 4th gear? This is why I would get a tune first to get the shifts dialed in better; I ain't a grandma. :giggle: I've heard non etorque chargers shift without any, and I mean ANY, delay - awesome. 18" AT tires will absorb that driveline shock better than whatever tire a charger has on the street. I think the etorque can be downplayed on the shifts without losing overall battery regen. How about "soft" hit solenoids? Any thoughts?

Edit to add: I use HPTuners software, should be able to get Greene or hemifever tune easy enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread