5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Edition

temfi

Reaction score
Good afternoon,
I have 2021 Big Horn night edition. I went to the build and price options on the Ram trucks website. When I selected the night edition package it says it comes with everything blacked out including the exhaust tips. Weird thing is my truck does not have the black exhaust tips. Did anyone else with the night edition not get the black tips? Should I go back to dealer? Night edition is listed on my window sticker but it does not say anything about the tips. I only have one, I assume, since its the 3.6L.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 2021 Limited Night Edition has black exhaust tips. Yours should have too. I have no idea what you should get with the single exhaust though.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Laramie Night Edition with black exhaust tips. It's also on my build sheet.

Attachments

• My Build Sheet.pdf
    14.7 KB · Views: 14

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Good afternoon,
I have 2021 Big Horn night edition. I went to the build and price options on the Ram trucks website. When I selected the night edition package it says it comes with everything blacked out including the exhaust tips. Weird thing is my truck does not have the black exhaust tips. Did anyone else with the night edition not get the black tips? Should I go back to dealer? Night edition is listed on my window sticker but it does not say anything about the tips. I only have one, I assume, since its the 3.6L.

I think it’s too late now that u left the dealership. They might pull some crap like u could of switched it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @temfi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. In regard to your vehicle concerns we recommend conferring with your dealer as they will be better able to speculate and assist. Following your visit however, feel free to send us a private message for added support.

Hannah
Ram Cares

temfi

Reaction score
I went back to dealership and was told because it was the 3.6L V6 it does not come with black tip. Only if you get the 5.7L hemi with dual exhaust does it come with black tips. I did not press the issue as I can get an aftermarket black tip and install myself. Didn’t feel it was worth the hassle of arguing with them.

Grouper

Reaction score
... I did not press the issue as I can get an aftermarket black tip and install myself. Didn’t feel it was worth the hassle of arguing with them.
Just remove them and have them powder coated. It takes 30 seconds to remove each exhaust tip. Any competent powder coating shop can remove the chrome with sand/media blasting and powder coat for under $100 in one business day.

Gipraw

Reaction score
I went back to dealership and was told because it was the 3.6L V6 it does not come with black tip. Only if you get the 5.7L hemi with dual exhaust does it come with black tips. I did not press the issue as I can get an aftermarket black tip and install myself. Didn’t feel it was worth the hassle of arguing with them.

you can occasionally find the black ones for sale on here for around $100 a pair or so.

temfi

Reaction score
I do not have a tip. Pipe comes straight out of the muffler. I will have to buy a single black exhaust tip.
you can occasionally find the black ones for sale on here for around $100 a pair or so.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
3.6 trucks don't have exhaust tips, it's a pipe coming off the muffler and exits behind the passenger side rear wheel, it's not a bumper exit like it is on the 5.7 or eco diesel trucks. The 3.6 truck also has a different rear bumper without the dual exhaust cutouts.
That's why it doesn't have the black exhaust tips

Users who are viewing this thread