5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice caliper covers, but then the hail came

waffle-cat

Reaction score
4 week old truck :( (I am never going back to a car)

DFW Area (specifically Keller)

Wednesday 4/28
Spent 3 hours on Wednesday fitting MPG Custom Caliper covers. 1 1/2 hours fitting the first one and the remainder to fit the other 3.
Finished at 7:45pm CT.

8:15pm CT. The storm arrives, with it 3" inch hail, and dents EVERY panel on the truck. Smashes the panoramic sunroof; and turns my pride and joy into a mobile swimming pool.

Thursday 4/29
The powder coating company calls, to tell me the (now Barron Red) tow hooks are ready to collect. FFS!

No inspection date yet
No hire cars available in DFW

Smile with me please

Attachments

• IMG-6331.jpg
    IMG-6331.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG-6332.jpg
    IMG-6332.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG-6333.jpg
    IMG-6333.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG-6336.jpg
    IMG-6336.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG-6337.jpg
    IMG-6337.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG-6339.jpg
    IMG-6339.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG-6345.jpg
    IMG-6345.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG-6349.jpg
    IMG-6349.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

Bearman95

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I live in the Keller area also and thank goodness that my Laramie sport was in the garage! Sounded like someone with sledgehammers pounding on my roof!

Zig10

Reaction score
Holy crap! I hope your insurance makes you whole quickly. That is a royal mess.

You know, it never occurred to me how susceptible these panoramic sunroofs are in a hail storm. We don't get many of them here in the mid-atlantic. I have them on both of my vehicles, and I didn't want it on either one. This just gives me another reason to hate them.

sep1006

Reaction score
Oh man I would be sick. Sorry to see that and good luck with what you're fixing to go through getting it fixed or replaced.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
wow that's horrible... sorry to see/hear about this, hopefully they get her fixed quick. on the bright side the caliper covers look great!

McHouck

Reaction score
OMG! I just threw up in my mouth! So sorry... they total it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

834k3r

Reaction score

Wednesday 4/28
Spent 3 hours on Wednesday fitting MPG Custom Caliper covers. 1 1/2 hours fitting the first one and the remainder to fit the other 3.

8:15pm CT. The storm arrives, with it 3" inch hail, and dents EVERY panel on the truck. Smashes the panoramic sunroof; and turns my pride and joy into a mobile swimming pool.

Thursday 4/29
The powder coating company calls, to tell me the (now Barron Red) tow hooks are ready to collect. FFS!

No inspection date yet

Smile with me please

😢🤬😱😬

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Wednesday 4/28

Thursday 4/29

No inspection date yet

Smile with me please

I'm north east of you in Frisco, I heard them say golf ball and ping pong size hail and I was off to the parking garage at the college. Went through that with my last truck, f that again.
Buying one of these

There were people in my neighborhood that put blankets and pool noodles on their cars as I left for the parking garage

KCViper

Reaction score
That really sucks! I'm not that far away from Keller, but luckily escaped any hail. I just got my truck on 3/11 and unfortunately have to park it outside and constantly worry about it......springtime in Texas is NO joke!! Hope you get it sorted out....

jth877

Reaction score
My brother in law gets similar large hail storms in Montana. He and throws a mattress on the top of any car outside when the warning happens. It works.

Good luck with the repairs. Pdr is really great if the paint isn't cracked. Can't even tell anything happened.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Wow! That is terrible. Wonder if there is any chance the insurance company will total it? If not, I hope they get it repaired back to like new condition. Good luck.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d say it’s totaled, if it was mine I’d push them to total it! Or have them pay you out, buy it back for 15,000-20,000$ fix the moon roof and drive it! Don’t have to worry about door dents at that point! Good luck and sorry for your loss😩

redneck

Reaction score
it depends on how wet the interior got water & electronics dont mix may be in for constant repairs also what kind of title are they going to issue total, rebuildable total, salavage... also it will be recorded on car fax so... if they do fix it make sure they pay you A LOT of $$$ for depreation so if you ever go to trade it in it will be worth $10,000 less than KBB book value. & yes you dont have to take their 1st offer haggle with them. my 1st offer on depreation was $1600 i worked on them for 6 weeks & they paied me $9800 in the end

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will be totaled. Pretty sure of it. I'm an adjuster, and did a lot of hail claims. One like yours I would total. Good luck.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've heard of Rams getting bricked for having the wind shield tinted and getting water into the driver side control module or passenger side dashboard and toasting the computer and wiring under there. Be a shame if that happened and they totalled the truck out.

Users who are viewing this thread