5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next ripoff from manufacturers

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"...they can hope to maintain a longer-term relationship with the customer and build brand loyalty, said Kristin Kolodge..."

Yeah you'll build my loyalty with other brands. Netflix provides a service (not debating on if you think it's worth it or not), so you pay a fee for that service. Heated seats aren't a service. Remote start/lock/unlock is not a service. Cruise control isn't a service.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Good thing humans are great at circumventing these goofy ideas. There will be a market for bypasses for those that dont want to pay a fee to use their heated seats.

Easy enough to get aftermarket heating elements installed that function like factory
It’s not just the heated seats. They’re talking about every option from the key fob to the hands-free (ford blue cruise) driving.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well they can charge whatever they want, but I'm pretty sure as soon as they start rolling these "subscriptions" someone will start working on cracking these factory "locks, after all, these are just software locks that prevent people who don't pay from using.

Much like the hidden features found in Volkswagen group. For instance, some lower trim VW vehicles may not have certain functions that are present in higher trims or even premium brands like Audi. But, with the right software and know-how, those features can be unlocked to use on the lower trims because the computers are essentially the same, just locked away on lower trims.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How did we ever survive with unheated cold as ice vinyl seats, AM/FM radio and using paper maps for navigation?😆

Pay an extra fee for that stuff? Nope. I have paid a bargained for $5/month for XM radio in the past and that’s already too much. Screw them and extra fees.😡

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How did we ever survive with unheated cold as ice vinyl seats, AM/FM radio and using paper maps for navigation?😆

Pay an extra fee for that stuff? Nope. I have paid a bargained for $5/month for XM radio in the past and that’s already too much. Screw them and extra fees.😡

My Tradesman has cold as ice vinyl seats, AM/FM radio and I love using paper maps for navigation.

And I still have to put the key in the door to unlock it.

I think I can do with out subscriptions.

I can not justify the buy in on a new truck at this point. Sure am not going to get one if they do this.

But, I am like 3% of the buying public...the other 97% will jump right on and screw it for everyone...as always.

Just like the loss of manual transmissions...easy and mindless is the game, no matter the fee

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

I started driving in 1979, when cruise control and AC were expensive options. So I get what you're saying. But just because I lived that doesn't mean I want to go back to driving cars like that LOL. I could definitely do without heated seats, and possibly a heated wheel. But ventilated seats are where I draw the line. :ROFLMAO:

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I started driving in 1979, when cruise control and AC were expensive options. So I get what you're saying. But just because I lived that doesn't mean I want to go back to driving cars like that LOL. I could definitely do without heated seats, and possibly a heated wheel. But ventilated seats are where I draw the line. :ROFLMAO:
I really miss those ventilated seats after having on my last two Laramie’s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online