5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next boating accident ordered

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Will probably get flamed for the brand, but Hi-Point finally released the YEET CANNON today, so I placed my order. I did not get the one with yeet cannon engraved on it, just the standard YC9 threaded barrel. Will add it to the rest of my Hi-Points in the lake.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yikes. Have fun with your new beater gun.
All my other ones fire rounds downrange accurately with no issues. Beater gun or not, it does what a gun is supposed to do. I don't need to spend $600+ just to say I have X brand. Like I said, I know some will flame me for the brand. It's okay.

Insanity

Reaction score
I have an older hipoint 45 got it really cheap. It is as accurate as I need it to be... It is like a slut/240B you feed her and she will work hard for you.

Reaction score
All my other ones fire rounds downrange accurately with no issues. Beater gun or not, it does what a gun is supposed to do. I don't need to spend $600+ just to say I have X brand. Like I said, I know some will flame me for the brand. It's okay.
I wasn’t knocking you for it.
If it goes bang when you need it to, then it’s all you need.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You're not wrong.

One of the guys that used to hunt with us bought the HP .45ACP and it was nothing but a jam-o-matic.

Actually, their carbine is regarded as a decent gun.
Have to tweak the guides on the magazine to prevent jamming. My C9 Comp has never let me down but the magazines had all been tweaked before I got it, since I bought it used. I have two 995 Carbines as well. An original "monkey gun" that was given to me by my ex father in law. And I bought one of the limited edition flag print ones they had a couple years ago, for 4th of July, with the TS stock. I sent the original 995 back to Hi-Point for rebuild since I didn't have any magazines and it hadn't been shot for who knows how long.
PXL_20210702_002810088.jpg

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta ask, what's the allure in having a 9mm carbine? It's not a handgun, and it can't be a good long gun. I'm genuinely curious here.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I gotta ask, what's the allure in having a 9mm carbine? It's not a handgun, and it can't be a good long gun. I'm genuinely curious here.
PCC (pistol caliber carbine) are good as personal defense weapons. Cheaper to run (at least when ammo price was normal) and logistically sound (you don't have to have two calibers. Just the pistol caliber like 9mm or .45acp for all around.
It's good for urban area, close range encounters where you may run into over penetration issues with rifle rounds.

I think.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's a fun gun for plinking. Home defense. Pest removal. has almost zero recoil, accurate out to about 50 yds. Ive heard several people say they use them as their truck guns because they can throw them behind the seat and never have to worry if they will work, and cheap enough they don't care if they get beat up.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will probably get flamed for the brand, but Hi-Point finally released the YEET CANNON today, so I placed my order. I did not get the one with yeet cannon engraved on it, just the standard YC9 threaded barrel. Will add it to the rest of my Hi-Points in the lake.

why not with the engraving, may i ask?

Insanity

Reaction score
It's a fun gun for plinking. Home defense. Pest removal. has almost zero recoil, accurate out to about 50 yds. Ive heard several people say they use them as their truck guns because they can throw them behind the seat and never have to worry if they will work, and cheap enough they don't care if they get beat up.

To me that sounds like an AK platform.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have one of the 9mm carbines and the 45. I need to send them the 45 to fix, it never ran right. The 9 is unstoppable. I use it out to 100 yards and keep in a 6 inch pie plate. Good for what it is.

I need to get the cheap safe to put those and a couple single shotties in as the "decoy safe" in a visible spot in the house.

Users who are viewing this thread