5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New way to steal your truck

Loudram

Reaction score
I'm posting this in this forum so everyone can see it. It can be used to steal more than Mopar.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm posting this in this forum so everyone can see it. It can be used to steal more than Mopar.

Well, guess it a good thing I don't have my Uconnect system anymore.

RebelliousGt

Reaction score

Wouldn’t matter with the Ghost II immobilizer, can’t bypass the system, need to enter a code using the cruse control buttons on your steering wheel. The system is in direct control of the ecu.

Loudram

Reaction score
Wouldn’t matter with the Ghost II immobilizer, can’t bypass the system, need to enter a code using the cruse control buttons on your steering wheel. The system is in direct control of the ecu.
Is that available in the States? I only see links for Canada and the UK.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
BUT, I was told in another thread that it was a rolling code, very sophisticated........ 😆🤣😆😄

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
Call 1-800-647-3132 ask for Hugh, he’s the main rep for North America, he’ll be able to answer your questions and advise you of a location near you that’s qualified to install the system.

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
Call 1-800-647-3132 ask for Hugh, he’s the main rep for North America, he’ll be able to answer your questions and advise you of a location near you that’s qualified to install the system

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m a fan of Ravelco.

GMetal

Reaction score
American car alarm manufactures missed the bus on the canbus alarm setups?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This type of key programming can be prevented on 2023 models if you have your dealer flash your RF Hub with the latest update.

View attachment 171371
Doesn't help anyone with 2019+ which is the same generation.
I don't see any large discounts on 2022s still sitting on dealer lots lol, maybe someone should go relieve them.

I'm willing to bet this "fix" doesn't even prevent what was shown in the video.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Doesn't help anyone with 2019+ which is the same generation.
I don't see any large discounts on 2022s still sitting on dealer lots lol, maybe someone should go relieve them.

I'm willing to bet this "fix" doesn't even prevent what was shown in the video.

I specifically said 2023 models. I guess it sucks to be you. 🤣

Your second sentence makes no sense, so I can't comment.

How much are you willing to bet?

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
This type of key programming can be prevented on 2023 models if you have your dealer flash your RF Hub with the latest update.

View attachment 171371
Safe to assume this is loaded into late '23 model years and on ? Remote cloning not possible now ? I'll probably still get a Tazer although the PIN security is really all i want.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Safe to assume this is loaded into late '23 model years and on ? Remote cloning not possible now ? I'll probably still get a Tazer although the PIN security is really all i want.
The Tazer PIN security is a complete waste of time - and more importantly, a false sense of security. It can be easily defeated, and from everything I have seen, it doesn't even work reliably. I have a Tazer, and I really like it. But I do not use it for security.

irishwake63

Reaction score
so this is only if they can get into your car/truck so keep it locked up

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online