5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New w/Questions

PrISM

Reaction score
Hello, I've been lurking on this forum for quite awhile now while deciding on my next vehicle and it looks like it's gonna be some kind of RAM (Laramie or Limited). I was planning on a Laramie with the sport package (can't stand the chrome), 33- gal fuel tank, advance safety package, panoramic sunroof and level 2 with the 8.4" screen. I've been holding off and waiting for info on 2020 (night package looks great), but with the pretty nice discounts there seem to be on the '19s, I'm thinking of going that route (either build one or find one). It seems like finding that configuration I like is pretty difficult and the few that I've found have other options on top that I absolutely do not want (RAM box, tow package, etc). I'm thinking about "living with" the 12" screen since it seems most dealers have ordered them like that. Also, been looking at going with a Limited due to the pretty big discounts I'm seeing. My biggest issue there would be getting it de-chromed. I'm thinking either Granite or Max Steel, so if you have some pictures of yours in those colors post them up!

So a few questions for everyone:
-Does the 15% off rebate only apply to dealer stock or can I use it on a factory order? I asked one my local dealers and he said it applies to factory orders, but only when you take delivery. So if I order now, by the time it's delivered the 15% may no longer be available.
-Can you easily remove the chrome side trim on the Limited (hairdryer & floss method like badges)?
-Are the power side steps easily removable in case I'd like to go with something else there?
-Where are you noticing the most rock chips in your paint besides the front? I'm planning on getting PPF on the severe areas.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome. My personal two cents.

- I don’t think the difference with 2020 models, especially early versions, is worth passing up on the great deals available now.
- chrome and badging comes off easily
- you’ll be happy with the 12” screen
- side steps come off easily
- rock chips are best handled by a combo of wheel flares (non painted is better imo) and side steps. In your case you would either have to leave yours deployed while driving or swapped them for fixed steps. PPF is an added bonus and certainly helps but if you kicking up gravel/rocks it will mark up your ppf as well. Best combo is to do all three

PrISM

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

If anyone that has de-chromed their Limited could post a pic up I'd love to see how it came out.

Users who are viewing this thread