5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck with uconnect issues

Bluebaloo

Reaction score
12 inch Uconnect touch screen doesn't work half the time. It disconnects randomly and reconnects. Sound cuts out too. Screen sometimes doesn't turn on. Pop up message of obeying traffic laws or Bluetooth disconnecting. Can't use a ton of different things and even listening to music is frustrating.

On my phone it says error CB5304.

Had problem since I bought it brand new in March and Ram keeps saying i have to wait for next update but they've said that before the last 2 updates. I think this qualifies for lemon law.

Any help is appreciated.

Azsmc

Reaction score
Through a friend, I was able to get the new 26.15 update installed. Keep in mind, my radio is a retrofit in a 4th gen 1500 so my experience may be different than everyone else's.

The update is being rolled out as an OTA slowly starting with a small set of build dates / VINs. Dealers won't be able to get you the update until your build date / VIN is added to the rollout.

Overall, I did not notice any major differences yet; things might be a smidge more responsive but overall no changes. The heated / vented seat controls are in their right spots but we'll see if they're still there tomorrow or the day after.

****Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any updates that go wrong. Update at your own risk.****
26.15 Update

Update instructions:
  • Download and place the the zip (DO NOT UNZIP) into the root directory of a FAT32 formatted thumb drive.
  • Insert the thumb drive into any of the USB ports in the center console.
  • You will be prompted to install the update.
    • It takes about 10-15 minutes to install.
You might want to take a look at this thread. It may help to fix your problems. I’m assuming you have a 2022 Uconnect 5 12" display. Apparently it also works on the 8.4" as well.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
12 inch Uconnect touch screen doesn't work half the time. It disconnects randomly and reconnects. Sound cuts out too. Screen sometimes doesn't turn on. Pop up message of obeying traffic laws or Bluetooth disconnecting. Can't use a ton of different things and even listening to music is frustrating.

On my phone it says error CB5304.

Had problem since I bought it brand new in March and Ram keeps saying i have to wait for next update but they've said that before the last 2 updates. I think this qualifies for lemon law.

Any help is appreciated.
Hello Bluebaloo,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread