5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck today, do I get the factory extended warranty or not?

ocmd

Reaction score
I guess I'm good, The net prices you can never get, and then they stick you with the $1800 freigt charge, tax and tags. Thanks.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I guess I'm good, The net prices you can never get, and then they stick you with the $1800 freigt charge, tax and tags. Thanks.
Virginia dealers seem to do that yes, that's why I didn't drive 12 hours one-way to get what I thought I wanted.
The freight was in the MSRP of my local dealer, not added onto the very bottom like the Va dealer did. Some might say, "whats the difference?" For me it just was a "gotcha", I thought I had a deal at a certain price only to get jacked up another almost 1,700.

JR2085

Reaction score
I think I got pretty lucky. I'm pretty sure the finance guy saw me looking online at the ChryslerFactoryWarranty site and quoted me a price that matched their website. Plus I got an extra 0.5% off my interest rate for purchasing it the day I bought the truck.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Anyone hear anything about price increases on July 1 2019? On https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com/ they have a big banner at the top, but nothing on Zeigler about it. I had planned to wait until closer to 1 year or 12k miles, but now im wondering what sort of increase they are talking about? If its $100 prob not enough to sway me, but if its going up 20% or something crazy, now would be the time to pull the trigger. Any feedback is appreciated!

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Anyone hear anything about price increases on July 1 2019? On https://www.chryslerwarrantydirect.com/ they have a big banner at the top, but nothing on Zeigler about it. I had planned to wait until closer to 1 year or 12k miles, but now im wondering what sort of increase they are talking about? If its $100 prob not enough to sway me, but if its going up 20% or something crazy, now would be the time to pull the trigger. Any feedback is appreciated!
I’d call zeigler. They will shoot straight with you. No reason not to. There commission will be the same either way.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought my truck yesterday. When the finance manager pulled up his screen with the extended warranty and other add-on options, the prices shown were "sticker prices". I said 'you know I can buy that stuff online, right?"

Basically, from there, he asked if I was willing to pay him $100 over cost and buy them from him yesterday, along with the truck. I said sure. He pulled up a different screen and showed me dealer cost on everything. I bought the 5/100 MaxCare ($100 deductible) and the 10/100 Maintenance Plus Plan for a total of dealer cost plus $100. Those two things totaled out to around $3200, combined, with my $100 fee included.

I might could have gotten all that a little cheaper online (for example, with the "pay in full" option), but I really appreciated the dealer offering me such a good deal on all that plus the truck itself, plus what they gave me for my trade-in. I did my research and I know I got a really good deal. So, I didn't mind throwing the dealer a bone on the add-ons. The dealer made it all very convenient. A one-stop shop. That was worth something, to me.

I have averaged driving 20K miles per year for the last 10 years, so the warranty and maintenance plan should work out good for me and then I'll probably trade the truck in on a new one at the 5 year mark.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What the H is the 10 year maintenance?

10 years or 100K miles. They have (IIRC) "Maintenance" and "Maintenance Plus" options.

I think Maintenance is oil and filter changes only, every 5K miles.

Maintenance Plus (what I got), includes ALL scheduled maintenance for 10 years, or 100K miles, whichever comes first. It includes oil and filter, air filters, cabin air filters, spark plug changes (it listed them for the 5.7 at every 30K miles, but then I saw there was a note about platinum plugs only being once every 100K - regardless, I paid $500 for a service with new park plugs last year on my '09 with a Hemi, so I know it's expensive whenever it does need it), etc. It also includes fluid changes on the tranny/transfer case/diffs per the OEM schedule.

The sticker price on the Maintenance Plus plan was a bit over $70 per service, if you actually did all 20 of them. I think at dealer cost it was a bit over $50 per visit. With that including all the air filters plus at least one spark plug change, I was fine with the price.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I bought my truck yesterday. When the finance manager pulled up his screen with the extended warranty and other add-on options, the prices shown were "sticker prices". I said 'you know I can buy that stuff online, right?"

Basically, from there, he asked if I was willing to pay him $100 over cost and buy them from him yesterday, along with the truck. I said sure. He pulled up a different screen and showed me dealer cost on everything. I bought the 5/100 MaxCare ($100 deductible) and the 10/100 Maintenance Plus Plan for a total of dealer cost plus $100. Those two things totaled out to around $3200, combined, with my $100 fee included.

I might could have gotten all that a little cheaper online (for example, with the "pay in full" option), but I really appreciated the dealer offering me such a good deal on all that plus the truck itself, plus what they gave me for my trade-in. I did my research and I know I got a really good deal. So, I didn't mind throwing the dealer a bone on the add-ons. The dealer made it all very convenient. A one-stop shop. That was worth something, to me.

I have averaged driving 20K miles per year for the last 10 years, so the warranty and maintenance plan should work out good for me and then I'll probably trade the truck in on a new one at the 5 year mark.

Congrats on the truck. Important thing is that you have peace of mind. Different things are important to different people. Some people like rondo their own oil changes, etc, others don’t think it’s worth the small savings. Different strokes... So you made sure you got a tight price on something that was meaningful to you and now you can go enjoy your new truck! (y)

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck. Important thing is that you have peace of mind. Different things are important to different people. Some people like rondo their own oil changes, etc, others don’t think it’s worth the small savings. Different strokes... So you made sure you got a tight price on something that was meaningful to you and now you can go enjoy your new truck! (y)

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Thanks. I had seen your other posts about this already. Unfortunately, there is nobody else in my household, nor any other vehicles (except my motorcycles).

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Thanks. I had seen your other posts about this already. Unfortunately, there is nobody else in my household, nor any other vehicles (except my motorcycles).

Sorry to hear. I still don’t understand why any other “vehicle” doesn’t qualify. If it’s a means of transportation it should IMO.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

I contacted all the people I know of that sell discounted genuine Mopar warranties for a price comparison. Did I miss anyone?

Zeigler
Clay Robbins
Tom Winkels
Riedman Motors
Chrysler Warranty's
Jeep Factory Warranty
Mopar Service Contracts
Chrysler Warranty Direct
Chrysler Factory Warranty
Jason Edmonson

Check out this link to see who had the lowest prices.

Users who are viewing this thread