5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck taken away! WTH???

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not that I would give them my business but with no deposit their going to probably do the same thing to you all over again.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

wvinson

Reaction score
Just found a truck at Mark Dodge on the lot like the one that got bought out from under me by the online sales manager at another dealer. Any have any advice for which salesman to speak to or discount pricing? Point me in the right direction. I know there's a big Mark Dodge thread going

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just found a truck at Mark Dodge on the lot like the one that got bought out from under me by the online sales manager at another dealer. Any have any advice for which salesman to speak to or discount pricing? Point me in the right direction. I know there's a big Mark Dodge thread going
I'd call them, explain your situation, and see what they can do for you

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DM sent

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reach out directly to Aaron. When I bought my truck, Aaron reached out to me, but then 2 or 3 other people were involved to make everything go smoothly. My sales guy was Michal Stanak. I'm not sure if he's still there.

magnetized

Reaction score
Reach out directly to Aaron. When I bought my truck, Aaron reached out to me, but then 2 or 3 other people were involved to make everything go smoothly. My sales guy was Michal Stanak. I'm not sure if he's still there.
I second contacting Aaron directly. I'd put money on him being one of the best sales managers in the country, with good people under him. They'll get you taken care of.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I second contacting Aaron directly. I'd put money on him being one of the best sales managers in the country, with good people under him. They'll get you taken care of.
I cannot wait to shake his hand next Wednesday!! I dealt with him exclusively until the truck was at the dealership, since then no less than four or five different folks have reached out to see how they could make the delivery more seamless!

wvinson

Reaction score
I cannot wait to shake his hand next Wednesday!! I dealt with him exclusively until the truck was at the dealership, since then no less than four or five different folks have reached out to see how they could make the delivery more seamless!
That's so good to hear -- I've had so many bad experiences at dealerships. I would rather have the truck now than wait for 3 months with used car prices they way they are. The in stock truck is advertised lower than the cheapened down version of the one I ordered at the other dealership with more options that I wanted but didn't want to pay for. I guess a 9 hour drive is not too bad -- just 4 more than the last one!

wvinson

Reaction score
SUCCESS!
I Just signed papers for a '22 Listed 4WD Night Edition --such an easy process from MARK DODGE! Did a zoom call with Jason the finance guy and he was great. Got a nicer, more expensive truck than the one that got bought out from under me at the other dealer for a lease that was $250/mo. cheaper than several other dealers with a cheaper MSRP. Asked Aaron if they could give me $50k instead of 48 for my Limited lease turn in and he said because of my previous hassle with the other dealer, he would give me $49. Such a nice guy.

Never thought I could get a lease on a $77k vehicle for $640/mo. with my '19 Limited lease turn in.
I will be going back to this dealer although it's 10 hours away!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah man, the way MD does business I can see us going to them in the future for every type of vehicle we choose. I cannot stand the dealership games.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like the deals i've been reading about people getting from MD. If only they weren't a 34+ hour drive from me (without traffic) :ROFLMAO:

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Their shipping rates are not bad from what I hear.
I wonder what it would cost to ship a truck 2280 miles to me. At this point it doesn't matter, since I bought a new truck last year. But I'll definitely look into shipping from MD if I decide to upgrade in a few years. It's also likely I'll be living closer to that area by then, when I retire.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder what it would cost to ship a truck 2280 miles to me. At this point it doesn't matter, since I bought a new truck last year. But I'll definitely look into shipping from MD if I decide to upgrade in a few years. It's also likely I'll be living closer to that area by then, when I retire.
It seems like the average is
500 miles or less $1/mile
1000 miles or more: $0.60/mile

At least for something open. Not sure about enclosed.

Hasti17

Reaction score
I Drove mine home Exactly 2050 miles over 4 days, made it a vacation, best trip ive ever taken.

wvinson

Reaction score
I Drove mine home Exactly 2050 miles over 4 days, made it a vacation, best trip ive ever taken.
Yes, I'm glad I didn't end up buying from them although it wasn't a wasted trip (got to see a great friend of mine). It takes a lot to get me angry and I just figured it wasn't the right truck for me. I also got a much better deal and more options for a much better price at Mark Dodge. No waiting 3 months is the biggest plus! The driving is just a side issue.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Yes, I'm glad I didn't end up buying from them although it wasn't a wasted trip (got to see a great friend of mine). It takes a lot to get me angry and I just figured it wasn't the right truck for me. I also got a much better deal and more options for a much better price at Mark Dodge. No waiting 3 months is the biggest plus! The driving is just a side issue.
joined this forum about 2 Days into constant cold calling and overblown sales pitches from dealers Asking for msrp all the way to msrp+3000, and they wanted, and i wish i was joking, as high as 6400 dollars non refundable deposit for the truck i wanted. get on here, three or four folks said "talk to MD"...
they were 9k cheaper(than MSRP) with a 1k deposit and literally no stress, i ordered in less than an hour after submitting my build to them and have gone through the entire process, they are easy. and when my wife is ready for a jeep, we will do it all again

Users who are viewing this thread