5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck taken away! WTH???

wvinson

Reaction score
Yes, I've never dealt with a dealership like this --always feel l I'm getting ripped off even though it doesn't seem so. I actually feel like they're trying to help me out and being honest with me! At first, I'm like, that's too far to drive. After speaking with them and seeing the numbers, I really don't care. I'll drive the 650 miles to trade my lease in! As God would have it, I didn't have to wait 3 months and I get the truck I want NOW!

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
Post up your results here in your original thread @wvinson

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

wvinson

Reaction score
I just got back an hour ago from the 9 1/2 hour trek from Mark Dodge also. Mine looks like yours except silver. 660 miles later, it's still pretty clean -- just a few bugs and a rock chip in the windshield from Baton Rouge. Tony, my salesman, was very helpful, quick, and nice. Also enjoyed meeting Jason Hedgecock. Mark Dodge figured out the way too sell 400 trucks/month. I'm sure I'll be going back in a couple of years.

wvinson

Reaction score
Here it is loving the silver in the night package. Always had black before. Also love the ram boxes- another first! Hud is fantastic.

Attachments

• 3E224078-ED1B-4FD8-86A0-9F717C41958E.jpeg
    3E224078-ED1B-4FD8-86A0-9F717C41958E.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 34A563CE-8773-41D8-AF78-DBC64FC1E72C.jpeg
    34A563CE-8773-41D8-AF78-DBC64FC1E72C.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 33

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just read all of this…what a great and happy ending to this story.

2022 Ram 1500 Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

70runner

Reaction score
Congrats on a good ending to your story. Ordered mine from Bud Clary when they were competitive with MD, only because they were closer. Quotes from both were within $100. Dealers in SOCAL consider MSRP a good deal. Clary was a good option for left coast folks, though they now appear to be out of the internet discount biz. Flew up, drove her home, nice scenic trip down the coast. Big plus to this approach IMO is the up close & personal inspection.

wvinson

Reaction score
Congrats on a good ending to your story. Ordered mine from Bud Clary when they were competitive with MD, only because they were closer. Quotes from both were within $100. Dealers in SOCAL consider MSRP a good deal. Clary was a good option for left coast folks, though they now appear to be out of the internet discount biz. Flew up, drove her home, nice scenic trip down the coast. Big plus to this approach IMO is the up close & personal inspection.
Yes, I definitely wanted the hands on experience too. I've had too many experiences where there was something wrong when I got there.

I was 99% sure I wasn't going to drive back home in the same truck I was trading in again, but I knew MD would take care of me if something wasn't correct or my truck wasn't perfect upon delivery. It was flawless for sure!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
One of my favorite movies is Michael Douglas in "Falling Down."

Absolutely entertaining movie!

Man, what a visit from him could do to change some Sales Manager's perspectives :LOL:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here it is loving the silver in the night package. Always had black before. Also love the ram boxes- another first! Hud is fantastic.
Nice truck! Congrats!

Maybe I missed it, but did you mention the original dealer who screwed you? Hate for someone else to fall into their trap

Users who are viewing this thread