5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck taken away! WTH???

wvinson

Reaction score
I've been speaking to a salesman at a dealer in another state (5 hours away) for about a month waiting for an in transit truck to buy once it hit the ground.
Well, I got a call yesterday that it was at the dealer and could hold the keys for the day until I got there. I asked about a deposit to hold it, but they said they can't take one on an in transit vehicle.

When I got there, the manager came over and said he had bad news. He said that my salesman didn't tell him that I was driving from out of state for 5 hours, and he sold the vehicle. I asked the salesman and he said manager knew very well that I was coming (lies anyone?) Anyway, they apologized for the "inconvenience" and said I could order one exactly as I wanted for a $3k discount with no deposit down, so I did.

As we were discussing this, I was watching the gentlemen who bought it go get in "his" new truck. I walked out to the truck and told him what happened and was admiring his truck in a friendly manner, and guess who it was.... wait for it..... THE INTERNET SALES MANAGER!!!! WTH, an inside sale that no one knew about and didn't give me the courtesy to call me and tell me it was already sold. And this is supposedly the nation's number 1 dealership for 5 years in a row!

I do have a friend in town that I haven't seen in a couple of years so I did got a nice visit out of the trip!

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
and you still ordered from them after that, and for only 3k off? I would've told them to pound sand. Others have had great luck with Mark Dodge, maybe reach out to them...or was it them? GA is close to LA. Either way, hope you get your truck quick.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No deposit? Order the truck you want from a reputable dealer and ghost the jerks who sold your truck out from under you when and IF your second truck comes in.
I like this idea...find a better dealer and let them sit with this one. Unfortunately, it probably won't sit long but they'll have to add it to inventory instead of instant sale.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
and you still ordered from them after that, and for only 3k off? I would've told them to pound sand. Others have had great luck with Mark Dodge, maybe reach out to them...or was it them? GA is close to LA. Either way, hope you get your truck quick.
Wouldn’t be MD I’m about the same distance from them as warner Robbins. I’m a 10-11 hour drive.

And I agree with the others! I would order elsewhere as soon as I got out of jail for punching the Sales Manager!!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just order one from Mark Dodge under invoice. If you are willing to drive 5 hours, they are right there in Louisiana.
Couldn’t agree more! However its more like 10 1/2 hour drive. Still worth it!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should tell them they have to throw in delivery to you instead of you driving 5 hours. Then when they show up to deliver the truck tell them you bought a truck somewhere else and you told the salesman.
Good idea, but I bet they would require paperwork to be completed before delivering it!

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would order the most messed up combination of options and color you could think of and then when it comes "Oh, I didn't tell you? I bought one from the Internet Sales Manager at another Ram just yesterday. I won't be needing that one. I am sure you can sell it in a few hours just like the last one,"

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep like others suggested I would of took my money somewhere else. Order from Mark Dodge. Make the 10 hour drive (that’s nothing ) and probably get it for cheaper then the bs discount that dealer offered you. They screwed you once what are the chances that they would do it again.. probably high.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Even if 3k off is a good deal. I have peed away much more than 3k out of spite in the past. Iwould pay double that just to rub their nose in the lost sale.

Runagun

Reaction score
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on ME. Run Forest Run. Order from MD Fly into Town They'd pick you up and drive it back.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like the idea of ordering a messed up combo of options, and have them deliver it to you. Like said, you can tell them to deliver it and do the paperwork on site, or they can just keep the truck. That's what they'll be doing with the truck anyway. It would only be better if they're willing to drive hours to get screwed.

rubrduk

Reaction score
I would order the most messed up combination of options and color you could think of and then when it comes "Oh, I didn't tell you? I bought one from the Internet Sales Manager at another Ram just yesterday. I won't be needing that one. I am sure you can sell it in a few hours just like the last one,"

2wd 3.6l Rebel with leather, air suspension, 12” screen, towing technology group, panoramic sunroof, Ram boxes, and every technology item

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread