5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New truck, rubber mats smell?

fmont29

Reaction score
I'm picking up my new truck today. 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport. I expressed my concerns that the truck has a strong paint smell in the cabin but they are telling me its the new rubber floor mats that are still in the package in the back seat... Anyone else experience this? Also the truck doesn't come with the stock fabric mats if the rubber mats are an option? Thanks.

Quiet

Reaction score
I only had the typical new car smell when I got mine. They had to order the mats and install them a few days later, but no smell then, either. Also you should get the standard mats, too, since the rubber mats are an option/upgrade.

Mikent

Reaction score
I replaced my carpet mats with rubber. I have some very low mileage black carpet mats if you. Really want carpet.

ddharris

Reaction score
Strong paint smell in the cabin ? Rubber smells like rubber. I did not notice anything that strong when I got my Laramie. It just smelled like a new truck. I would certainly inquire before signing.

fmont29

Reaction score
They just admitted that the car was damaged in transport and had paintwork... While I was signing they assured me it wasn't painted... After I brought it home I then discovered a few more red flags ... Looks like the truck is going back!

Users who are viewing this thread