5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Truck damage

DSmith1178

Reaction score
I took my new truck to get Line X’d and they do a entire truck inspection prior to putting line x on. The guy calls me in and directs my attention to a tiny dent/ding in top of tailgate. I never noticed it and I guess because they inspect it in a darkened spray booth it stood out. Now my eye goes to it every time of course. It looks like it was damaged at factory and they put the tailgate protector right on top to semi hide it. Im waiting to hear back from the dealer on this. Is something that could have made it through quality control? Makes me sick. Keep in mind I really zoomed in on pic so it looks way worse then it is and if you looked from 4ft away you would never notice it. What do you guys think? Is this something a paintless dent guy can fix?

Attachments

• D7DFB0BF-B063-46E7-A75B-01282B120891.jpeg
    D7DFB0BF-B063-46E7-A75B-01282B120891.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 0437CC3C-BA22-4277-ADB8-184B6B37B8D3.png
    0437CC3C-BA22-4277-ADB8-184B6B37B8D3.png
    561.3 KB · Views: 183

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I took my new truck to get Line X’d and they do a entire truck inspection prior to putting line x on. The guy calls me in and directs my attention to a tiny dent/ding in top of tailgate. I never noticed it and I guess because they inspect it in a darkened spray booth it stood out. Now my eye goes to it every time of course. It looks like it was damaged at factory and they put the tailgate protector right on top to semi hide it. Im waiting to hear back from the dealer on this. Is something that could have made it through quality control? Makes me sick. Keep in mind I really zoomed in on pic so it looks way worse then it is and if you looked from 4ft away you would never notice it. What do you guys think? Is this something a paintless dent guy can fix?
That stinks. Hope dealer makes it right.

DSmith1178

Reaction score
Im still waiting for the dealer to get back but I can see them playing the “it was fine when you picked it up” game. Ive been less then pleased with the dealer so far. Im not going to publicly put them out there yet but depending on how they respond to this that might change. Ive also been sitting on the Chrysler dealer evaluation email to see how they handle the first month issues. I never fill those out with new cars until at least the first month goes by.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
based on your pics, I cannot imagine how you could have done it on your own based on the position underneath the tail gate protector. I think you have a good case but, in the end, it is up to your dealer to do the right thing or blow you off. I agree that a PDR guy may be able to make it much better if the dealer ends up being an @$$.

Users who are viewing this thread