5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New tradesman vs low mile bighorn? What would you do

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think you'll regret the Tradesman at all. I like the gadgets and fancy stuff, but at the end of the day they're just frills. The Tradesman gives you what you need in a truck without paying for the extra stuff. Being that you can add some frills to make it what you want is a good option.

mkling

Reaction score
Thought I’d update this… well I went and bought a brand new 2022 Bighorn crew cab level 2, sport 4x4 granite crystal without the etorque. I like the idea of Etorque and all but I prefer not to deal with it so that was kind of a bonus for getting a 2022.
They let me cancel the order and apply my deposit towards the bighorn. A little different truck than I had originally planned on but man it’s nice.
It just made sense for me to get one before the end of the year and my old truck is giving me issues I don’t feel like dealing with.
The more I looked into it I realized they hardly ever offer any incentives on the tradesman. I ran the numbers and realized the bighorn was possibly less expensive in the end with all incentives and 0% finance. Ended up about 9,500 off msrp plus 0% for 48.
Not sure what I think of the crew cab and shorter bed for my work, but I’m finding I can fit a lot in the crew cab floor with the seats folded up. Pretty happy with the 1792lb payload. A lot less than my old 2500 but it should work its a lot more comfortable ride and mpg.

Pretty happy with it stock but thinking I may find a set of takeoff black wheels with falkens or maybe go to a 275/60/20 tire.
First thing is to get it cleaned up real good and spend a couple days doing ceramic wax and blaster surface shield underneath and in body cavities since our roads are covered in salt already.

Attachments

• FBD3E430-FE43-42B6-B742-83EFB82D71B8.jpeg
    FBD3E430-FE43-42B6-B742-83EFB82D71B8.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice truck. Bighorn with Level II package and Sport Appearance package is my favorite setup in the entire lineup. Sometimes I miss mine, even miss it over the Laramie!

Davidbt

Reaction score
I bought a 21 Big Horn Crew Cab with the Level 2 equipment group and non e-torq with the 3.92 gears. It was dealer owned with just over 11,000 miles. Just did a trip from South East Arizona up to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Very happy with this truck. 20221111_103548.jpg

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thought I’d update this… well I went and bought a brand new 2022 Bighorn crew cab level 2, sport 4x4 granite crystal without the etorque. I like the idea of Etorque and all but I prefer not to deal with it so that was kind of a bonus for getting a 2022.
They let me cancel the order and apply my deposit towards the bighorn. A little different truck than I had originally planned on but man it’s nice.
It just made sense for me to get one before the end of the year and my old truck is giving me issues I don’t feel like dealing with.
The more I looked into it I realized they hardly ever offer any incentives on the tradesman. I ran the numbers and realized the bighorn was possibly less expensive in the end with all incentives and 0% finance. Ended up about 9,500 off msrp plus 0% for 48.
Not sure what I think of the crew cab and shorter bed for my work, but I’m finding I can fit a lot in the crew cab floor with the seats folded up. Pretty happy with the 1792lb payload. A lot less than my old 2500 but it should work its a lot more comfortable ride and mpg.

Pretty happy with it stock but thinking I may find a set of takeoff black wheels with falkens or maybe go to a 275/60/20 tire.
First thing is to get it cleaned up real good and spend a couple days doing ceramic wax and blaster surface shield underneath and in body cavities since our roads are covered in salt already.
Congrats! Reminds me a lot of the '20 Big Horn I had. It is awesome that you found a '22 with no etorque - the longer I have mine the more I feel it adds nothing except weight and complexity. And that 1700#+ payload - nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/