5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Tradesman "Doin Work Truck"

ND RAM

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I bought a 2019 Tradesman back in October to replace my 2017 the hydroplaned and was totaled. The Tradesman Sports weren't out yet so base it was. Already have a Magnaflow exhaust and all on the OE pieces to convert to stock-appearing dual exhaust. Visually I plan on color matching the bumpers and grille like the sport models. Possibly new wheels in the future. Loving the truck so far. 20181022_180225.jpg IMG_20181029_165252.png

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_3336

that's actually a nice looking truck for a tradesman base. i actually like the black grille and black bumpers. they work good with the red.

just think if one was to get a black tradesman (since it already has the black grille and bumpers) they could actually have themselves a "blackout" package at no charge! :)

ND RAM

Reaction score
that's actually a nice looking truck for a tradesman base. i actually like the black grille and black bumpers. they work good with the red.

just think if one was to get a black tradesman (since it already has the black grille and bumpers) they could actually have themselves a "blackout" package at no charge! :)

I've thought about just adding black vinyl under the lower body line like the Rebel but I prefer the monochromatic look.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good to see a Tradesman owner.

I too am probably going to end up with a Tradesman.

We have a 1st Gen section also if you would like to tell us about that 84 D150

Anxious to hear what you have planned.

Good luck with your new truck and your project.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like the texture of the Tradesman Grille. I also like the wheels it comes with when ORG is picked. The black grille blends well with Granite Chrystal, maximum steel, obviously black, and it accents all the other colors well.

Wish there was an option for just the dual exhaust and bumper. Well, fog lights would be nice too...and yes I know the black package does this...but I don't want all that it brings as I want the work grade vinyl and carpet delete.

I found 3 right now that I have an eye on.

Can always add the rear bumper and get dual exhaust, like the op plans to do.

Not sure about the fog lights though.

Very interested to see the mods done to your Tradesman and your 84D150

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good to see a Tradesman owner.

I too am probably going to end up with a Tradesman.

We have a 1st Gen section also if you would like to tell us about that 84 D150

Anxious to hear what you have planned.

Good luck with your new truck and your project.

No!!!!!!!!! I foresee a new Rebel in your future...or maybe a TRX...

1542741768208.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TR if it comes as an option on trims and isn't just for the Raptor war.

Decisions. Towing and hauling are all that are keeping me away from a Rebel.

And Yoda teaching me the way of the Jedi.

ND RAM

Reaction score
I like the texture of the Tradesman Grille. I also like the wheels it comes with when ORG is picked. The black grille blends well with Granite Chrystal, maximum steel, obviously black, and it accents all the other colors well.

Wish there was an option for just the dual exhaust and bumper. Well, fog lights would be nice too...and yes I know the black package does this...but I don't want all that it brings as I want the work grade vinyl and carpet delete.

I found 3 right now that I have an eye on.

Can always add the rear bumper and get dual exhaust, like the op plans to do.

Not sure about the fog lights though.

Very interested to see the mods done to your Tradesman and your 84D150

I'm right there with you on the options. I loved my Express and felt it was basically the perfect package for me. That said I do love several of the options my Tradesman has that the Express didn't, trailer brake controls being #1 on that list. It's always easier to change looks than integrate features after the fact.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It is great to see someone taking the initiative of getting a base model truck and solely doing what you want to it.

Yup, OP is the REAL MVP.
He squats to depth.
He goes uphill in the snow both ways.
Wheaties pays him royalties for every box they well.

Jokes aside - People often talk about, "oh I should just get a base model and then adding on what I want later."
He went ahead and DID it, that's awesome.

I have massive respect for that.

TDRdriver

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I bought a 2019 Tradesman back in October to replace my 2017 the hydroplaned and was totaled. The Tradesman Sports weren't out yet so base it was. Already have a Magnaflow exhaust and all on the OE pieces to convert to stock-appearing dual exhaust. Visually I plan on color matching the bumpers and grille like the sport models. Possibly new wheels in the future. Loving the truck so far. View attachment 8071 View attachment 8072
Greetings, what all does it take to add the dual exhaust? My Pap bought a 2019 Tradesman and I'm upfitting it for him but if I keep the single side exhaust I'll have to make a custom exhaust myself.

ND RAM

Reaction score
Greetings, what all does it take to add the dual exhaust? My Pap bought a 2019 Tradesman and I'm upfitting it for him but if I keep the single side exhaust I'll have to make a custom exhaust myself.

I plan on making a thread to walk through the steps. I have all of the parts but I need to get the bumper painted and the shop I plan on going with was booked through the end of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread