5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the Ram family.

LM42

Reaction score
I have owned 2 F-150's, a Ranger and a Silverado. With all the truck deals going, and the improvement in looks for the 5th gen Ram I decided to give one a look this time. The short version is that for a grand less than the F150 I was looking at, I got a much nicer equipped and much nicer looking Ram Bighorn with the sport package. Its the quad cab, and in a perfect world would have been the crew cab version. But for what I got it for I am pretty stoked.

Attachments

• Ram.jpg
    Ram.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 24

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It rides better too! Welcome and congrats.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just a grand less? What F150 were you comparing it against? I would have stayed with Ford but they were $8-10K higher last year at this exact time against my trim package (hard to be exact cause they differ some).
Anyway, glad you are happy with your new RAM!

Now to add $250 more to your pocket, there’s an online rebate thats been going on for over a year, called “Bonus Drive”. Google it and apply if you meet the 1 condition on ownership of another vehicle. There’s been hundreds of us that have gotten it, takes 6-8 weeks. No spamming, at least nobody has reported any.

RainDesert

Reaction score
Congratulations! I really like the looks of the quad cab 6.5' bed trucks.

LM42

Reaction score
Just a grand less? What F150 were you comparing it against? I would have stayed with Ford but they were $8-10K higher last year at this exact time against my trim package (hard to be exact cause they differ some).
Anyway, glad you are happy with your new RAM!

Now to add $250 more to your pocket, there’s an online rebate thats been going on for over a year, called “Bonus Drive”. Google it and apply if you meet the 1 condition on ownership of another vehicle. There’s been hundreds of us that have gotten it, takes 6-8 weeks. No spamming, at least nobody has reported any.
I was looking at a crew cab STX with the 2.7 Eco Boost. A grand less after heavy rebates on both trucks that is. But as an example the F150 has a plastic steering wheel. No power seats, no heated seats, no power pedals, no power folding mirrors, no front park sensors, no auto dimming exterior mirror, no bucket seats with a true console. I love Ford. Ive loved all of my Ford trucks. But this one was a no brainer for sure. I will check the rebate! I did get an extra grand on this deal being a conquest from Ford, but I will still gladly look for another $250.00

LM42

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Had the Quad. Moved to the Crew. Nice truck.
Truthfully I would prefer the crew. From both aesthetics and practicality. But they didn't have one configured the way I wanted other wise with all the rebates. Next time!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I was looking at a crew cab STX with the 2.7 Eco Boost. A grand less after heavy rebates on both trucks that is. But as an example the F150 has a plastic steering wheel. No power seats, no heated seats, no power pedals, no power folding mirrors, no front park sensors, no auto dimming exterior mirror, no bucket seats with a true console. I love Ford. Ive loved all of my Ford trucks. But this one was a no brainer for sure. I will check the rebate! I did get an extra grand on this deal being a conquest from Ford, but I will still gladly look for another $250.00
The STX is definately a bit on the “bare” side. I was looking at a Lariat and maybe a Platinum but whoa, even the Lariat was higher than my Limited! (At the time). Then last June the price differences were more like $15K! I guess Ford finally started heavily discounting but they lost a lot of 2019 sales to RAM just on price, not to mention their interiors.

LM42

Reaction score
The STX is definately a bit on the “bare” side. I was looking at a Lariat and maybe a Platinum but whoa, even the Lariat was higher than my Limited! (At the time). Then last June the price differences were more like $15K! I guess Ford finally started heavily discounting but they lost a lot of 2019 sales to RAM just on price, not to mention their interiors.
Yeah for me it is tough. I used to have a 2006 Lariat Crew Cab. It has the tan leather. I had it leveled with aftermarket wheel and more aggressive tires. I had exhaust put in, plus a Pioneer in dash bluetooth, nav, Sirius set up. Full JL Audio and sub with a custom built underseat box. I bought it used with 18k miles and ALL IN i spent about 25k for that truck. It was mint when I traded it with 80k plus miles. I shudder to think that doing the same thing with Ford or even Ram now would set me back 70k for a brand new one. I hate to sound cheap, but Jesus that is a lot of coin for a new truck. I got this one for $34k. I've already done Magnaflow exhaust, a tonneu cover, will level it and when these tires wear out put something more aggressive. I will also do Katzkin leather and I will still be well under 40k. That I can live with LOL

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I feel your pain. This Limited cost twice what my 15’ XLT did. Its not twice the truck either...

Users who are viewing this thread