5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the forum

kdavighi

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just wanted to post a quick HELLO! as I am new to the forum. Just picked up a new 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. I love everything about it except for the gas mileage and the oil change. I like to do an oil change on my new vehicles at around 1k. This must be something that I've carried over from the old days where people would say that sometimes new engines can create metal shavings from things coming together for the first time so...this is why I do it. Holy cow I was not prepared for the oil filter being where it was. Like most, this is one of the things that I enjoy doing since its something "I can do" without a ton of difficulty. Not sure I'll be tackling it again with this vehicle (I'm leasing it) unless I can find a reasonably priced relocation kit. It's not worth my time or the frustration.

As far as gas mileage, Im open to solutions on how to improve it. I've read all of the posts on CAI, pedal commander all of which ideally are supposed to improve performance, HP, throttle response etc. I'm looking for one of these mods to have a side affect of about 2-3 more MPG's without having to get the truck tuned. Suggestions, or links to solutions are welcomed.

Thanks folks. Look forward to reading and contributing

IMG_20191007_132525.jpg

2019 RAM 1500 Limited

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Limited owner, nice looking truck you have there. As far as improvements to mpg I can’t really help as I’m one of the rare ones who don’t care about it, I drive and add gas when needed.

R

Rob5589

Welcome aboard! 2-3 solid mpg would be awesome. Figure it out and let us know what it took. Good luck!

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
My experience has been that the mileage increases as things wear-in. Or maybe the computer is programmed to detune things for the first X miles. Whatever. After about 4000 miles things were considerably better than they were initially.

I just drove a couple hundred miles yesterday, keeping it under 70 mph for the most part, and squeezed 20.5 mpg out of a 5.7 4X4. EPA is 21.

If you are after fuel economy, keep a tight grip on that nut behind the steering wheel.

kdavighi

Reaction score
My experience has been that the mileage increases as things wear-in. Or maybe the computer is programmed to detune things for the first X miles. Whatever. After about 4000 miles things were considerably better than they were initially.

I just drove a couple hundred miles yesterday, keeping it under 70 mph for the most part, and squeezed 20.5 mpg out of a 5.7 4X4. EPA is 21.

If you are after fuel economy, keep a tight grip on that nut behind the steering wheel.

LOL I've really been trying to drive easy around town. Most of my driving is commuting to and from work (about 30 miles round trip) each day. I'm holding at about 15 mpg but hope to improve as things break in. Im still under 1000 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online