5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Ram

winter_ale

Reaction score
Hello from Virginia! After 13 years of driving a Chevy, I decided it was time to get a new truck. Went from a 2009 Silverado to a 2022 Big Horn Night Edition. Quite the upgrade and I absolutely love it! Glad to be here and look forward to finding out more information and looking at mods.
1643768598992.png

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome! Did your silverado have the 5.3? Does your Big Horn have the 5.7? How do you think they campare?

winter_ale

Reaction score
Welcome! Did your silverado have the 5.3? Does your Big Horn have the 5.7? How do you think they campare?
No, the Silverado had the 4.8. And yes, the Big Horn has the 5.7 (non eTorque). And there’s a huge difference! Not only can I feel the additional power, it gets better MPG. Amazing how technology advances.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, the Silverado had the 4.8. And yes, the Big Horn has the 5.7 (non eTorque). And there’s a huge difference! Not only can I feel the additional power, it gets better MPG. Amazing how technology advances.
You will have a ton of fun with this truck.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck . Hope you have many trouble free miles .

winter_ale

Reaction score
Welcome! What sort of mods are you considering? You've got a nice platform to start with. 👍
Thanks! Right now just spray-in bedliner (Bullet Liner) and tonneau cover (Backflip MX4). Eventually I'll do LED head/tail light conversion and exhaust. I had a Magnaflow cat-back on my last truck and it sounded great. But I don't think I want to cut into the exhaust of a brand new truck just yet, so that'll be down the road. Pun intended!

Users who are viewing this thread