5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to RAM and Forum

striperseeker

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just received my 2020 RAM Laramie. Ordered it back in January so not too long of a wait. First RAM truck. Coming over from Chevy. When I test drove the Silverado and the Ram there was no comparison. Ram all the way. I was reading the thread about the bed step and the Bed Utility Group (BUG) and the multifunction tailgate (MFT) all three I ordered, but I did not get the bed step. A really PITA to get up on the tailgate when in the traditional position. Dealer said it is not allowed with the MFT. Is there any remedy I can seek? Is there a phone number I can call at Ram or Mopar or somewhere to get my case heard for maybe a partial refund or credit? Thanks everyone and I'm looking forward to a great truck.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just received my 2020 RAM Laramie. Ordered it back in January so not too long of a wait. First RAM truck. Coming over from Chevy. When I test drove the Silverado and the Ram there was no comparison. Ram all the way. I was reading the thread about the bed step and the Bed Utility Group (BUG) and the multifunction tailgate (MFT) all three I ordered, but I did not get the bed step. A really PITA to get up on the tailgate when in the traditional position. Dealer said it is not allowed with the MFT. Is there any remedy I can seek? Is there a phone number I can call at Ram or Mopar or somewhere to get my case heard for maybe a partial refund or credit? Thanks everyone and I'm looking forward to a great truck.
There may be some mechanical or technical reason why the bed step is not compatible with the multi-function tailgate. But if you were charged for it I'd either ask to have one installed or request a refund.

Mopar offers the bed step as an accessory. You're service parts department should be able to order it for you.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 030110 miles.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. See this thread regarding your bedstep

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Separately, whether it’s for this mod or a future one, go grab this extra $250 rebate. Quick and easy to fill out and you qualify since you came over from Chevy. Easy money.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

NJC1684

Reaction score

It states right on Ram's site that it's not applicable with the MFT & I'd assume on your window sticker as well. They do however now have a $400+ deployable center step available.

Last edited:

Wrecktal

Reaction score
What'd you pay compared to MSRP? Not including incentives?

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

striperseeker

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. See this thread regarding your bedstep

Yeah, I saw that thread that's where I got info
Thanks

striperseeker

Reaction score
It states right on Ram's site that it's not applicable with the MFT & I'd assume on your window sticker as well. They do however now have a $400+ deployable center step available.
I understand that. But FCA doesn't discount the MFT/BUG options for not getting the step and the fact they sell it as an accessory means it's not an issue putting it on the truck (safety or otherwise).
Others posted on here they got compensated for it.

striperseeker

Reaction score
I got a resolution to the missing step. FCA paid half and the dealer paid the other half. The step is installed and all is good. I love Shively Motors in Chambersburg, PA

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score

I've owned several Silverado's over the years, combined with a plethora of other vehicles. My last being a 2015 Silverado with that Sports package, or whatever it was called. Either way, it had those blacked out 22" wheels, and two huge stripes down the hood, and tailgate. Anyhow, my 2020 Ram Rebel is the first Ram that I've owned. I looked at the new Silverados and was not impressed with the design. However, the biggest thing I hated about them was the damn torque management where the tranny's ECU would control the engine power to save the transmission. Well, that, and the lazy shifting tranny.

Anyhow, for me, the Ram behaves nothing as my last Silverado did. The bonus is that the interior is really, really nice and not so spartan feeling as the Chevy.

Users who are viewing this thread