5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to me 22 Ram Laramie

91TTZ

Reaction score
Hello everyone, coming from an 07 f150 fx2. Have been searching for a newer ram and finally found one. 77k msrp 2300 miles on it, 27 months left on factory warranty. I picked it up for 51500. Seem like an OK deal?

Has nitto recon grapplers brand new. S&b intake and pedal commander. Going to use the search for some questions I have but so far the truck is bad ***! Looked at a bunch of trucks but the rams style and interior looked best. Seemes like best bang for the buck. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 20230713_145726.jpg
    20230713_145726.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230717_155801.jpg
    20230717_155801.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230713_145549.jpg
    20230713_145549.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20230718_164344.jpg
    20230718_164344.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230717_155914.jpg
    20230717_155914.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 63

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's a good price for a loaded up, low mile Laramie. Nice score!

91TTZ

Reaction score
That's a good price for a loaded up, low mile Laramie. Nice score!
Thanks, I thought so as well. The truck was only there 1 day. Glad I found it first. Lots to learn, it's some upgrade over my 07 f150.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wonder what major problems it has that someone dumped it.
They even changed the rims too.
Hope it works out that's a really good deal.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the forum. That is an excellent price on a pretty brand new used truck. Hopefully you haven’t bought someone else’s issues. Good luck and enjoy that beautiful truck! 🤙🏽

Idahoktm

Reaction score
If that truck had issues, it would show up on Carfax. All dealer visits would be noted. I would have no problem buying that truck if it had a clear maintenance history. I'd rather buy a truck like that, than one that was a year old with 15k miles.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If that truck had issues, it would show up on Carfax.
That's simply not true.
MY old trucks Carfax is clean, but had it's transfer case rebuild at 40k miles, and still had major problems. Carmax had\has no idea when I sold it, and yes they run and even give you the Carfax.

Unless it was in an accident you wouldn't see problems on the Carfax.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
That's simply not true.
MY old trucks Carfax is clean, but had it's transfer case rebuild at 40k miles, and still had major problems. Carmax had\has no idea when I sold it, and yes they run and even give you the Carfax.

Unless it was in an accident you wouldn't see problems on the Carfax.

That truck has 2500 miles and is still under warranty. If it had major problems, it would get fixed at Ram dealership. The service records/dates will show up on Carfax. He can have the dealership run the VIN to see what maintenance was performed if it's not listed on the Carfax. Carfax is not 100% accurate, but using it as a guide can help him determine if it's a problem child.

All DMV records, title transfers and registrations are absolutely reported.

Not all accidents or body shop repairs show up in Carfax. Those records are easier to circumvent if the accident wasn't reported to the police and if it was repaired at a small shop that doesn't report their repairs.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That truck has 2500 miles and is still under warranty. If it had major problems, it would get fixed at Ram dealership. The service records/dates will show up on Carfax. He can have the dealership run the VIN to see what maintenance was performed if it's not listed on the Carfax. Carfax is not 100% accurate, but using it as a guide can help him determine if it's a problem child.

All DMV records, title transfers and registrations are absolutely reported.

Not all accidents or body shop repairs show up in Carfax. Those records are easier to circumvent if the accident wasn't reported to the police and if it was repaired at a small shop that doesn't report their repairs.
No service records from ANY time I brought my truck to the dealership, flat tires, damaged rear quarter panel from driving over a bungee cable, no transfer case getting rebuilt to Carfax.

91TTZ

Reaction score
I wonder what major problems it has that someone dumped it.
They even changed the rims too.
Hope it works out that's a really good deal.
According to the dealer, the previous owner is an American airlines pilot. Has bought numerous vehicles from them and got a 2500. (Friend of sales or general maganer) Not sure how true all that is, they certified it which got me longer powertrain warranty. It's under factory warranty for another 27 months/ 33.7k miles

Truck was only there one day and I happened to see it online. I was searching weekly for Rams near me. On the ram app, tells me it had wheels and tires done at the dealer with 10 miles on it last year. And had service done in June of this year for ac and heater module I believe. Carfax was clean one owner and showed the same service.

Hope all is good. Truck has been awesome so far. Really enjoy all the features it has to offer. Pulled my world cat boat easily.

91TTZ

Reaction score
congrats GCM is the best color out there lol

any future mods planned?
I was really looking for white night edition. Was shocked how awesome this color looked.

Ideas for mods, not much at the moment any suggestions?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
According to the dealer, the previous owner is an American airlines pilot. Has bought numerous vehicles from them and got a 2500. (Friend of sales or general maganer) Not sure how true all that is, they certified it which got me longer powertrain warranty. It's under factory warranty for another 27 months/ 33.7k miles

Truck was only there one day and I happened to see it online. I was searching weekly for Rams near me. On the ram app, tells me it had wheels and tires done at the dealer with 10 miles on it last year. And had service done in June of this year for ac and heater module I believe. Carfax was clean one owner and showed the same service.

Hope all is good. Truck has been awesome so far. Really enjoy all the features it has to offer. Pulled my world cat boat easily.

I was really looking for white night edition. Was shocked how awesome this color looked.

Sounds plausible to me. I think you got a great price on a super clean truck.

I also have a GCM Night Edition Laramie. These are few low dollar mods I did: AJT billet radio and shifter knobs. Luxe tint on the mirrors, 3rd brake light and taillights.

20210713_185641.jpg
20210812_154304.jpg
20210906_134739.jpg
20210906_135048.jpg
20210918_204034.jpg

Dad

Reaction score

Pretty Good Price, Congrats!!

Quick easy mods, tint the windows & lights, add the front tow hooks, and get a better sounding exhaust ( stock doesn't do the truck justice).

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I agree!

The way it sits it looks great maybe add the lower grille light bar if you need the extra light and some added reversing light is good too!

91TTZ

Reaction score
View attachment 163739
Sounds plausible to me. I think you got a great price on a super clean truck.

I also have a GCM Night Edition Laramie. These are few low dollar mods I did: AJT billet radio and shifter knobs. Luxe tint on the mirrors, 3rd brake light and taillights.

View attachment 163740
View attachment 163741
View attachment 163742
View attachment 163743
View attachment 163744
Looks really nice, who makes the 3rd brake light? I'm just looking to do a few small things for now. The tail lights, are those covers that go over the white reverse light lens?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
View attachment 163739

Looks really nice, who makes the 3rd brake light? I'm just looking to do a few small things for now. The tail lights, are those covers that go over the white reverse light lens?

The 3rd brake light and taillights are tinted with Luxe vinyl tint. Both are very easy to tint. I applied them wet.

91TTZ

Reaction score
I agree!

The way it sits it looks great maybe add the lower grille light bar if you need the extra light and some added reversing light is good too!

I'd definitely like some brighter lights backing up. And light bar up front would be nice when needing the extra lighting. I'm thinking of getting some black tow hooks as well.

Here are a few pictures in aero mode. Does this seem normal height or a little bit higher for aero mode? Trying to figure out if anything was done suspension wise. 1000001780.jpg 1000001779.jpg

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'd definitely like some brighter lights backing up. And light bar up front would be nice when needing the extra lighting. I'm thinking of getting some black tow hooks as well.

Here are a few pictures in aero mode. Does this seem normal height or a little bit higher for aero mode? Trying to figure out if anything was done suspension wise. View attachment 163773 View attachment 163774
Do you tow?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Here are a few pictures in aero mode. Does this seem normal height or a little bit higher for aero mode? Trying to figure out if anything was done suspension wise. View attachment 163773 View attachment 163774
It looks leveled to me I wonder if you have the adjustable links. U can look and see fairly easy if that’s what was done.

Users who are viewing this thread