5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to me 22 Ram Laramie

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yea a 23 ft. world cat boat. It's about 7k lbs with the trailer, fuel and gear. Tow about 6 times a month.
Then you don't want the light I was going to suggest (it goes in your trailer hitch).

You can do something like this that taps into your trailer hitch (pre plug) with a T connector

SSC2 is newer then SSC1, pro is brighter and wider then sport, but if it's just for backing up imo SSC1 sport is the cheapest options

If you want the C1R can also be used as brake lights (which is what I have mounted in my trailer hitch). Might look kind of funny with 2 of them along with your taillights breaking.

91TTZ

Reaction score
It looks leveled to me I wonder if you have the adjustable links. U can look and see fairly easy if that’s what was done.
1000001733.jpg
That's a shot of the drivers front. Everyone said it looked normal. I had trouble getting it into of2. Took it by the local ram dealer they reset the air suspension. And took care of the calibration failed message that would come up when you had no trailer attached.

I think it sits up higher than a few limited ones I've check out, but could just be in my head. This shot below is at normal height. Dealer told me everything looked normal and good.
1000001782.jpg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
View attachment 163799
That's a shot of the drivers front. Everyone said it looked normal. I had trouble getting it into of2. Took it by the local ram dealer they reset the air suspension. And took care of the calibration failed message that would come up when you had no trailer attached.

I think it sits up higher than a few limited ones I've check out, but could just be in my head. This shot below is at normal height. Dealer told me everything looked normal and good.
View attachment 163802
What is themeasurement from the ground to the middle of the fender flare on the front? I can measure mine.
I think it might just look like that because of those rims and tires.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 163799

View attachment 163802
Yea I think those are stock links. U might have different links in the back or a spacer on top of the front bags

I’m not sure if I’m tripping but the liner looks cut?

Attachments

• IMG_6477.jpeg
    IMG_6477.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

91TTZ

Reaction score
What is themeasurement from the ground to the middle of the fender flare on the front? I can measure mine.
Hey thanks, I'll measure it in the morning. Had to work last night. Rims are 22 inch and tires are 33s.

The dealer that I took it for service said the wheels and tires are not that much out of spec. Maybe some level kit was done in the front? They told me everything looked good and did a reset on the air suspension.

91TTZ

Reaction score
Then you don't want the light I was going to suggest (it goes in your trailer hitch).

You can do something like this that taps into your trailer hitch (pre plug) with a T connector

SSC2 is newer then SSC1, pro is brighter and wider then sport, but if it's just for backing up imo SSC1 sport is the cheapest options

If you want the C1R can also be used as brake lights (which is what I have mounted in my trailer hitch). Might look kind of funny with 2 of them along with your taillights breaking.
These are some cool options. My wife's step dad has an f250 with some really bright lights in the back and a light bar in the front. I guess I wouldn't call them reverse lights because he has to turn them on with one of the aux switches. They are bright though and look clean. 1000001786.jpg 1000001787.jpg

91TTZ

Reaction score
Yea I think those are stock links. U might have different links in the back or a spacer on top of the front bags

I’m not sure if I’m tripping but the liner looks cut?
Yea I will take a good look tomorrow, it does look cut a little bit in that section. Wonder what the reason would be for that? I'll see if the passenger side matches. I have test drove two limited 1500s. In normal mode on my truck it seems bit higher up.

Appreciate you guys chiming in. Haven't had a new vehicle in 14 years so it's exciting.

91TTZ

Reaction score
This is aero height just over 39 inches.
1000001799.jpg

This is normal height 1000001804.jpg

This is entry/exit
1000001805.jpg
Fronts and rears are about even in all modes. I think the truck sits up higher than stock. Tires are only 33 inch. If they are all even Maybe the front is leveled? Not sure on the stock height numbers from ground to fender.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
View attachment 163934

This is normal height View attachment 163935

This is entry/exit
View attachment 163936
Fronts and rears are about even in all modes. I think the truck sits up higher than stock. Tires are only 33 inch. If they are all even Maybe the front is leveled? Not sure on the stock height numbers from ground to fender.

It's definitely lifted. My 2021 Laramie has a Readylift 2" level and it's 38.5" at the front fender with 33's.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
View attachment 163934

This is normal height View attachment 163935

This is entry/exit
View attachment 163936
Did you measure front or rear?
I measured my front and it's much lower then my rear.
I was not on flat ground so take my measurements with a grain of salt, but nowhere close to yours. I have 22 inch rims and OEM tires 285/45R22
Looks like you have a 3-3.5 inch lift.

Offroad 2
2023-07-27 11.57.50.jpg

Offroad 1
2023-07-27 11.58.46.jpg

Normal
2023-07-27 11.59.39.jpg

Aero
P_20230727_120110.jpg
Entry\exit
2023-07-27 12.02.00.jpg

This is what my rear looks like in normal mode around 3.5 inches higher then the front
2023-07-27 12.00.21.jpg

This is the front and rear ends on normal mode
2023-07-27 12.00.29.jpg
2023-07-27 12.00.01.jpg

This is the rear end on entry\exit
2023-07-27 12.02.36.jpg

Last edited:

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure looks to me like there is some sort of puck or spacer setting atop the air spring up front. I expected the silver "can" of the air spring to be tucked up under the "coil" bucket more, based on what I remember of trucks I looked at on lots.

Looks like you could possibly put a light or finger up there between the "coil" bucket top and the top of the air spring to see? I'd be comparing that specific section to other Limited suspensions on a dealer lot.

91TTZ

Reaction score
It's definitely lifted. My 2021 Laramie has a Readylift 2" level and it's 38.5" at the front fender with 33's.
I think maybe my truck is leveled. Front and rear tires are very close in height for all levels. I haven't tried to go to off road one or two since the dealer reset the air suspension. Going to take a look tomorrow. I posted some pictures of the suspension, a few said the links look stock. So I'm not really sure what it has.

91TTZ

Reaction score
Sure looks to me like there is some sort of puck or spacer setting atop the air spring up front. I expected the silver "can" of the air spring to be tucked up under the "coil" bucket more, based on what I remember of trucks I looked at on lots.

Looks like you could possibly put a light or finger up there between the "coil" bucket top and the top of the air spring to see? I'd be comparing that specific section to other Limited suspensions on a dealer lot.

Yea I think I will do that, I am only a few miles away from a big dealer with tons of rams. I'll check out some limited trucks and see how they look around the air spring. Very well could be some kind of spacer as I getting an fault when trying to go to off road 2.

91TTZ

Reaction score

Thanks for these. Yes I did measure the front and rears, they were almost all exact. So there must be some level kit or spacers. I will check tomorrow to see if I can raise the truck to offroad 1 and 2. Your truck is set up like it should be, the rear suspension is always higher in the rear from the factory.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I think I will do that, I am only a few miles away from a big dealer with tons of rams. I'll check out some limited trucks and see how they look around the air spring. Very well could be some kind of spacer as I getting an fault when trying to go to off road 2.
You may need to order some adjustable links to help with that

Users who are viewing this thread