5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Forum

cwturley

Reaction score
2022 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab Ecodiesel at rail yard in Sterling Heights trying to catch a ride west to Portland. Weather in mid-west isn't helping. My first diesel. Just retired this past week after 30yrs in state government in Washington state and replacing our 2016 1500 Hemi to better handle our new small travel trailer in retirement. Just got the tt this summer and hemi handled it well with a good WDH but wanted the increased capacity with the diesel as we plan on towing a lot. Got most of the bells and whistles (thanks to my wonderful wife) but no air suspension or multi-function tailgate and went with 8.4 NAV screen vs 12 inch. Very interested in hearing what your experiences are here in the PNW regarding fuel additives and what engine oil you are using.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome, and congrats on both the truck and your retirement! You may or may not regret asking about engine oil, depending on the thickness of your skin :LOL:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! I use hot shots EDT with every fill up, and will use hot shots extreme diesel every 6000 miles (I’m at 3500mi right now).

Users who are viewing this thread