5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to forum & new Ram owner

NJMonark

Reaction score
Decided to stop into a local Ram dealer for a test drive today after a few weeks of going through build options and inventory search across the US.
I wasn't planning on buying, just wanted a test drive. But found one with the main options I wanted, worked out a deal, and took home a 2020
Maximum Steel Metallic Limited. Unbelievable what's available today, coming from a 2009 Tacoma (which has been bulletproof with just under 200k).
Hoping this Ram will last just as long!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on new ride!! We don’t shy from new truck pics..... just saying ;)

NJMonark

Reaction score
I'll get some pics soon. Got back late after picking it up and haven't had a chance yet. Been researching/ordering a few things;
all-weather mats ordered, flaps, and tonneau cover will be ordered soon, and will talk to my sales rep tomorrow regarding the bed step during
the follow up call they make. My sticker didn't have the bed package listed but it came with the silver rails & sliding tie-down cleats.
My guess is they added the rails which is why I don't have the step. I came across two Mopar options that look to work:

If I'm right and the dealer says I don't have it because it isn't the factory ordered bed package, I'm leaning towards the first and using the 15% coupon.
(standard tailgate).

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Decided to stop into a local Ram dealer for a test drive today after a few weeks of going through build options and inventory search across the US.
I wasn't planning on buying, just wanted a test drive. But found one with the main options I wanted, worked out a deal, and took home a 2020
Maximum Steel Metallic Limited. Unbelievable what's available today, coming from a 2009 Tacoma (which has been bulletproof with just under 200k).
Hoping this Ram will last just as long!
Congrats!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a chance. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

Cheers,

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. You’re in my hood. Make sure you grab this extra $$

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

NJMonark

Reaction score
Thanks.
Just wondering, when I bought my 2009 Tacoma I downloaded a service/history PDF guide from a forum which included helpful stats and pages to enter maintenance records. When printing
you can fold it into a booklet to keep in the glove box. Does anything like that exist on the site? I found the PDF on my laptop and attached a few pics for reference showing the info. it contained.
(I also use the Drivvo app on my phone for records and gas entries but it was nice to have this handy as well).
cover.png page1.png page3.png page6.png

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll get some pics soon. Got back late after picking it up and haven't had a chance yet. Been researching/ordering a few things;
all-weather mats ordered, flaps, and tonneau cover will be ordered soon, and will talk to my sales rep tomorrow regarding the bed step during
the follow up call they make. My sticker didn't have the bed package listed but it came with the silver rails & sliding tie-down cleats.
My guess is they added the rails which is why I don't have the step. I came across two Mopar options that look to work:

If I'm right and the dealer says I don't have it because it isn't the factory ordered bed package, I'm leaning towards the first and using the 15% coupon.
(standard tailgate).
I have the Multifunction Tailgate, and I'd like to have either, or both, of the rear steps at the links you provided. But they both seem vastly overpriced to me. I know it's not much compared to the price of the truck, but man, those steps just seem like a ripoff to me. I appreciate their functionality, but at those prices, I seriously question their value. If you get either of them, please report back with what you think of them once you've used them a bit. Thanks.
BTW, on my Laramie Longhorn I ordered every possible bed option except tonneau cover: Bed Upgrade Group, Ram Boxes, Multifunction Tailgate. Mine came with the Cargo Divider (which I love), but no steps of any kind. If either of those steps was maybe $150, I'd have ordered those separately. But given that neither came with any of the bed packages I ordered, and they are upwards of $300 each, I passed on them.

Bootleg

Reaction score
Congrats on your new truck and welcome to the forum. How do you like the eTorque? That's the only feature I couldn't find when I bought mine, otherwise, our trucks match, lol.

I noticed that the bed utility group for mine as well did not include the step. It'll be something I add to mine as well in due time.

NJMonark

Reaction score
I generally hated the start & stop feature when renting cars on vacation, loaners, etc. but this system is unobtrusive and seems much better. I know I read some people had issues but I think
those were from 2018 (first gen?). It just so happens this truck had it but if I found one without it I would have taken it regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread