5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to forum but not to RAM

Cgo

Reaction score
Hey all! Just replaced my 2015 RAM Ecodiesel outdoorsman quad cab. Best truck I've ever owned. Ordered it brand new back in 2015, drove it for 103,000 miles, but needed a crew cab. Also traded in my 2019 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport.

I barely drove the car, was a sunny day ride. Figured I would replace my old truck and luxury car with a luxury truck. Lol

Just picked up a 2021 Limited with night package, eTorque Hemi. Simply amazing.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Limited!

Reactions: Cgo

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Since you said you liked your ecodiesel, was wondering why you didnt go that route again?
Glad that you are pleased with your new addition to the family!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cgo

Reaction score
Since you said you liked your ecodiesel, was wondering why you didnt go that route again?
Glad that you are pleased with your new addition to the family!
Good question. I wanted another one really. I commute 100 miles per day, so that MPG is appreciated. However, I did have a few issues with the Ecodiesel including the fiasco with the EPA that resulted in a recall that ruined my MPGs. Still better than the hemi but i went from 31 mpgs to 22.

But really, they are super hard to find, and I like the fact that the V8 is simple (no DEF, no particulate filter, no emissions codes, etc.). Plus, diesels are cold blooded. Took forever to warm up in the winter, had to plug it in at night, and use a winter front cover. Kind of a PITA.

Figured I'd give the eTorque Hemi a go and save a few grand in the process initially (the MPGs will hurt though...). Just drove 360 miles all highway and the best I could do was 17 mpgs. Yikes! Lol

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! I just bought mine less than 3 weeks ago and I am loving it more than my 2019 with the extra tech and the Night Edition.

Reactions: Cgo

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Good question. I wanted another one really. I commute 100 miles per day, so that MPG is appreciated. However, I did have a few issues with the Ecodiesel including the fiasco with the EPA that resulted in a recall that ruined my MPGs. Still better than the hemi but i went from 31 mpgs to 22.

But really, they are super hard to find, and I like the fact that the V8 is simple (no DEF, no particulate filter, no emissions codes, etc.). Plus, diesels are cold blooded. Took forever to warm up in the winter, had to plug it in at night, and use a winter front cover. Kind of a PITA.

Figured I'd give the eTorque Hemi a go and save a few grand in the process initially (the MPGs will hurt though...). Just drove 360 miles all highway and the best I could do was 17 mpgs. Yikes! Lol
I certainly understand that as I drive 52 miles one way to work daily...I don’t drive the 1500 (wifes) but if I had a choice to do over it would have been hard to ignore the gen 3 ecodiesel just for the economy.
Your 3.92’s are certainly a factor. (Her 3.21’s usually average 21 on flatter highway 65-75mph. ). Not living in cold country helps...

BigD

Reaction score
If u keep it under 65 mph u can get 22 mpg. Once u get over 70 mph your mpg really drop in those Hemis.

Cgo

Reaction score
If u keep it under 65 mph u can get 22 mpg. Once u get over 70 mph your mpg really drop in those Hemis.
I noticed that. Above 70, RPMs are pushing past 2400. Yup, the 3.92s reduce MPGs to 21, but you know how they get those numbers. Putting around at 55 MPH. I'll have to be more patient getting to work I suppose. I definitely didnt buy it for the MPGs though. But filling a 33 gallon tank every couple days can get expensive lol.

Users who are viewing this thread