5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to any forum, Questions about MDS

Jaybird

Reaction score
Hi, this is Jaybird.
I have questions about MDS. Had a 1500 5.7 and now upgraded to a 2500 with the 6.4. Use the truck to pull my 9000 lb travel trailer mostly. Want to keep this truck for the long term. I have started reading about the MDS and that it could be better to not use it. can anyone help me with what this is about? Leave it on / turn it off?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the correct forum. But on our 1500s you can’t turn off MDS, at least not permanently (maybe in the future it might be available with an aftermarket programmer?). If you want to “disable” it you have to use the gear selector and put it in 8 and then MDS will essentially be deactivated. You have to do that each time you power cycle the truck. Not sure if that’s different on the 2500.

Last edited:

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, this is Jaybird.
I have questions about MDS. Had a 1500 5.7 and now upgraded to a 2500 with the 6.4. Use the truck to pull my 9000 lb travel trailer mostly. Want to keep this truck for the long term. I have started reading about the MDS and that it could be better to not use it. can anyone help me with what this is about? Leave it on / turn it off?
Welcome @Jaybird ! Yep, what Patsy said.

Users who are viewing this thread