5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New tires on my Limited, how can I adjust for tire size without voiding warranty?

Mcaveman

Reaction score
Went with 285/55/22 Nitto Terra grappler G2

Attachments

• BDFA4089-9023-40BA-96C3-B6C96812DEF7.jpeg
    BDFA4089-9023-40BA-96C3-B6C96812DEF7.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 148

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Patsy, any idea if the calibrator is married to the vehicle you change the tire size on until reverting back to stock?

I bought a used calibrator on here from someone and it wont let me change anything because it says I need to revert back to stock first.

That’s a good question. I don’t have the RC tool, I don’t really care personally if my speedo is + or - 5 mph, which I would assume would be the max, since I usually drive with the speed of the road and don’t pay super close attention to the speedo. That said, the tuning tools I have used in the past were def married to the vehicle. I recently used an Autel tpms tool and it was not married. So I’m not really sure, sorry I couldn’t be more helpful. I’ll try to find out. Otherwise a call or email to RC to explain the situation and they probably have a reset procedure.

I know these things are supposed to do other things like change shift points etc but I can’t imagine those things change much because of tire changes. I think that’s just sales talk. Maybe I’m wrong

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I did a little searching and supposedly not only is it married to the vin but it can’t be unmarried (easily)? That seems odd to me so I would definitely contact RC support and confirm.

Side note, I’m not sure I would want something changing the shift points on my new truck/tranny unless it was a very reputable tuner. That’s just me. Changing the speedo readout is one thing but the shift points? I wouldn’t but that’s just me. I’m curious whether that’s an option in this tool, change the speedo but leave the shift points intact?

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a little searching and supposedly not only is it married to the vin but it can’t be unmarried (easily)? That seems odd to me so I would definitely contact RC support and confirm.

Side note, I’m not sure I would want something changing the shift points on my new truck/tranny unless it was a very reputable tuner. That’s just me. Changing the speedo readout is one thing but the shift points? I wouldn’t but that’s just me. I’m curious whether that’s an option in this tool, change the speedo but leave the shift points intact?
Yeah I emailed them today and also contacted the person I bought it from on here but RC is closed on Sundays. Hopefully RC answers me tomorrow.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I have it and yes it is married to the vehicle it was set to. I only used mine to set the speedometer and then swapped out wheels / tires again and had the dealership calibrate it. Since then it ( RC ) is sitting in one of my guest room closets.

BlckDT

Reaction score
I have it and yes it is married to the vehicle it was set to. I only used mine to set the speedometer and then swapped out wheels / tires again and had the dealership calibrate it. Since then it ( RC ) is sitting in one of my guest room closets.

What do you mean by having the dealership calibrate? I also used the RC to set my speedo and it’s in my garage cabinet.

—-|||RAM|||-—
Phil

sent from my mobile device

PorBoy

Reaction score
After I swapped out my 18” wheels for the 20” Limited, the dealership picked up my truck an calibrated it for those wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread