5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW TIRE SPEEDO CALIBRATION?

nicodywill

Reaction score
What is everyone using to re-calibrate their speedometer after changing to a non-stock tire size?
I recently added some and would like to know exactly how fast I'm going.

Flounce

Reaction score
I came on to post the same question. I haven't upgraded my 18x8 stock wheel/tire yet but wanted to make sure the speedometer could be recalibrated before I proceeded....

Troop2865

Reaction score
Rough Country has what you need to re-calibrate your speedometer for $179. I think there are other out there like Hypertech.

Flounce

Reaction score
I have a the Mopar Extended Warranty and prefer to speedometer calibration done by a dealer service department.

Do you know if they have figured out how to do this yet?

Thanks

Sinister17

Reaction score
I talked to the service department last week about this and the service supervisor told me the only way to do this currently was to buy an aftermarket "tuner" and change the tire size through it. But to maintain the integrity or the warranty don't change anything else (especially anything to do with the engine).

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Edge Products Pulsar module (piggyback tuner) recalibrates for tires and axle changes. It also can remap the throttle and, on performane mode with 91 octane, adds Torque/HP. Any module that changes/tampers with the ECU can negatively impact the warranty.

nicodywill

Reaction score
I talked to the service department last week about this and the service supervisor told me the only way to do this currently was to buy an aftermarket "tuner" and change the tire size through it. But to maintain the integrity or the warranty don't change anything else (especially anything to do with the engine).

My dealer echoed this same message yesterday.

nicodywill

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the Rough Country speedometer calibration tool.
It should arrive on Monday and I'll update here after the install.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Good deal, but I thought they did not have one yet for the DT version ?

Attachments

• 00C797E0-826A-49CA-97D4-477BBF3C1655.jpeg
    00C797E0-826A-49CA-97D4-477BBF3C1655.jpeg
    349.2 KB · Views: 184

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score

My dealer quoted me $410 dollars to recalibrate the speedometer which is upsetting since THEY put the lift on. The person I spoke with actually said I would be better off to shop it around to some off road shops. Might look into the Rough Country one.

Question for the group though, in theory aren’t you helping preserve the resale and potentially lower insurance rates since you are actually racking up less miles than you should be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicodywill

Reaction score
^^^. Good deal, but I thought they did not have one yet for the DT version ?
After seeing this post I called rough country to confirm it would work on a 5th gen on Friday afternoon and they confirmed it would work.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Good deal as I didn’t want you buying something and it actually not be for our DT model.

nicodywill

Reaction score
I can confirm 100% the Rough Country product works on the 5th Gen just as advertised.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yikes! $180 to recal the speedo? That's nuts.
I guess there are no other options, but still insanely expensive.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Dealer quoted me $410

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember back in the day, I had a 6" lift and 35"s on my 2000 super duty. I gave the Ford dealer tech $20 and he did it for me in a couple of minutes. Guess those days are gone... :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread