5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New software 20.04.19

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That mean they didn't do W33 recall on your call, If W33 recall marked completed in FCA system, you shouldn't received 20.04.19. Anyway, can you show your screenshot of what you talking about small screen in the center and display the navigation?
I went to the dealer a week before the OTA prompted me. I use the RAM app, and the app updated 2 days after I had the recall done at the dealer and said it had been performed. I'll stand by my opinion that the recall and the OTA are two different events. Regardless, my truck is up to date and works fine.

I'll post a screenshot when I get home after work on the nav screen while using Bluetooth to listen to music.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has never done an OTA update. How do I go about this? I don’t have Sirius either so you know.

Attachments

• 7ACF16F9-ADE5-4472-8454-8021EB09D5F7.jpeg
    7ACF16F9-ADE5-4472-8454-8021EB09D5F7.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 104
  • C5C71B36-AC27-4DBF-AF7F-7F5E371E78C0.jpeg
    C5C71B36-AC27-4DBF-AF7F-7F5E371E78C0.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 102

Psimpson

Reaction score
I spoke too soon; about 60% of the time it works fine 40% no radio volume (shows 10 but it won't move) and anything Sirius it just searches with the moving icons.
Mine got worse, started not working about 70% of the time, took it to the dealer and got it to freeze up. They started a star case and got a new radio. They installed it earlier this week and it was 18.45 firmware. From the first phone call the bluetooth it would switch back to the phone so the other person couldn't hear me and would mess up on almost every phone conversation. Also no Pandora stations.

I took it back the next day and they updated to 20.04.19 and Pandora came back and no more bluetooth problems. I had a huge problem getting Sirius to transfer the account to the new radio, spent over an hour getting that done, had to fill out an online form. The automated procedure on their website wouldn't accept the new ID

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Anyone notice their steering wheel didnt get as warm, the ac light doesn't turn on when you hit auto, and the sub isn't as loud after the update?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone notice their steering wheel didnt get as warm, the ac light doesn't turn on when you hit auto, and the sub isn't as loud after the update?

The steering wheel didn't get as warm --> too hot now for me to test it now but during winter time it hot like crazy if i let run about 10min.

The ac light doesn't turn on when you hit auto --> Yes, no AC light when it on Auto, idk is normal or not but it still blow cool air.

The sub isn't as loud after the update --> Idk about you but after last 2 update i received, it sound better for me and i'm hit it hard :)

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Checked mine today for the first time. Should I even attempt to get an update? View attachment 56449
I was on the same version and your software version might not ever get an update. There is a forum started for N0GL hardware updates. I had to take my truck into the dealer to get to 18.45 and now I'm having issues with the screen going blank. You can ask RAMCARES but they're going to tell you you're not on the list to get updates.

Truckguy

Reaction score
I was on the same version and your software version might not ever get an update. There is a forum started for N0GL hardware updates. I had to take my truck into the dealer to get to 18.45 and now I'm having issues with the screen going blank. You can ask RAMCARES but they're going to tell you you're not on the list to get updates.
So far I haven’t had any issues with my screen or radio so I probably won’t mess with it.

Blueraptor

Reaction score
Anyone notice their steering wheel doesn't get as warm, the ac light doesn't turn on when you hit auto, and the sub isn't as loud after the update?
Yes, I noticed the steering wheel heater doesn't get "Hot" anymore and the sound of the HK system has reverted back to the poor quality sound it had before the previous OTA. I really wish I hadn't accepted this OTA for that reason. It sounded great after the previous update, now after this latest update I feel disappointed again.
The camera does turn off immediately after switching into drive now rather than hanging around a few seconds after you drive away, which I think was the point of this Recall/OTA. It's just too bad they didn't include the previous improvements they had made to the sound.

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Pretty sure the placebo affect is hitting you guys hard.
So mine updated yesterday and the only difference I MAYBE feel is the highs have been dialed back it seems. Before it was very treble heavy. Does seem more balanced now on the 19 speaker HK system

stevestrike

Reaction score
I agree. Audio didn't change much, if at all with this update from the previous one. I'm much happier with what they've done with it now vs what it started with over a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread