5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New software 20.04.19

Bluesurf

Reaction score
My update was done yesterday.... successful.
Unfortunately today I went out got back in my truck, started the engine and my driver's mirror was all black on my dash.
"Fix something and break somethings." I'm not feeling confident with this "Fix". Perhaps FCA only addressed the back up. Why not fix everything right at one time?

Truckguy

Reaction score
I don’t -think I have had an update since the truck was first bought.

Psimpson

Reaction score
I spoke too soon; about 60% of the time it works fine 40% no radio volume (shows 10 but it won't move) and anything Sirius it just searches with the moving icons.

Truckguy

Reaction score
Checked mine today for the first time. Should I even attempt to get an update? 035203CA-E50A-4C1A-9E8D-5975E4315E0F.jpeg

Razilla76

Reaction score
Checked mine today for the first time. Should I even attempt to get an update? View attachment 56449

If it is working without any issues I’d leave it. If it ain’t broke. Don’t fix it.

Mine was freezing up and dropping Bluetooth regularly. No issues with the most recent update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apexcars

Reaction score
My update was done yesterday.... successful.
Unfortunately today I went out got back in my truck, started the engine and my driver's mirror was all black on my dash.
"Fix something and break somethings." I'm not feeling confident with this "Fix". Perhaps FCA only addressed the back up. Why not fix everything right at one time?
You may already know this but if the driver's door wasn't closed all the way the camera won't show.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a software update today. 20.04.19

So far the only difference is they took away the Pandora feature

Any one else seen it?
Is this new OTA update going out to everyone or specific vehicles? I just got the latest update a month or so ago and everything works fine. I certainly don’t want to update to this one after hearing the issues.

RJS

Reaction score
Is this new OTA update going out to everyone or specific vehicles? I just got the latest update a month or so ago and everything works fine. I certainly don’t want to update to this one after hearing the issues.
The 20.XX update seems to be aimed at most of the 19 and 20 models. I did the earlier update 3 weeks ago and the new one last Thursday. I 've heard on several forums that folks have had issues with it but mine updated and worked just fine afterwards. I guess it's luck of the draw.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 20.XX update seems to be aimed at most of the 19 and 20 models. I did the earlier update 3 weeks ago and the new one last Thursday. I 've heard on several forums that folks have had issues with it but mine updated and worked just fine afterwards. I guess it's luck of the draw.
Ugh. Thanks for the info. Mine works great now.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine notified me of the update when I got home around 4pm yesterday. Told it to do the update and turned the truck off.

Turned it back on this morning and no issues I can tell. Was hoping it would delete Sirius/XM :ROFLMAO:

Hardware: CNSC29NFGL

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The 20.XX.XX rolling out this month(May) is to address the recall W33, backup cam issue.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the recall done at the dealer and afterward, I still had the 19.49.13 software version. My before and after screenshots were identical. I got the 20.04.19 OTA update on Thursday last week, so I do not think they are the same thing. One thing I noticed as a change after the OTA update is when connected to Bluetooth and playing songs, it added a small screen in the center and displays the navigation. Pretty cool.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the recall done at the dealer and afterward, I still had the 19.49.13 software version. My before and after screenshots were identical. I got the 20.04.19 OTA update on Thursday last week, so I do not think they are the same thing. One thing I noticed as a change after the OTA update is when connected to Bluetooth and playing songs, it added a small screen in the center and displays the navigation. Pretty cool.

That mean they didn't do W33 recall on your call, If W33 recall marked completed in FCA system, you shouldn't received 20.04.19. Anyway, can you show your screenshot of what you talking about small screen in the center and display the navigation?

Users who are viewing this thread