5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Shoes

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
No issue at all the highway ride is smooth. I have a vibration around 48-55 which could be a balancing issue but nothing at highway speeds. I chose this tire because of it's great reviews although I would have picked Ridge Grapplers but didn't want to be in an LT tire. I think you could squeeze more height in there also but i didn't want to alter much.
What has your mileage been like with the bigger tire? I see that your speedo is not adjusted, but didnt sound like material impact. Are you seeing a significant drop at all?

I have a grey limited on order and will be replacing with 20" wheels (probably +1 offset vs +19 for stock) and thinking the non-LT Ridge Grappler in one of the two sizes available on the 20's; 305/55/20 or 275/60/20 (~33" outside diameter, ~1.5" narrower than 305/55) so somewhat similar to yours. Your info is comparable and helpful so thanks for posting!

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was the same price I was thinking of trying to sell them for. I might be better off just buying new rims and tires and going down to 20"'s. My dealer said they'd buy back the stock rims and tires for $1000. Might actually come out better ahead as the 20" tires are alot less than the 22"s. Then I don't have to mess around trying to sell them.

Yep, the 22's look good but I also like the 20's too, the truck with a level and 20's look good!

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
That was the same price I was thinking of trying to sell them for. I might be better off just buying new rims and tires and going down to 20"'s. My dealer said they'd buy back the stock rims and tires for $1000. Might actually come out better ahead as the 20" tires are alot less than the 22"s. Then I don't have to mess around trying to sell them.
Hmm 400 is a deal thats what I was thinking, 100o thats a intersting deal. Might just run mine down and make them the snow tire rims.

John813

Reaction score
@limited_19
How's the MPG?

Didn't buy this truck to be a "gas saver" but just generally curious on how bad, if any mpg drop you seen.
I had a truck on 35's, and that thing was lucky to get 14mpg @80.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Your dealer is offering to buy yours back for $1000. Which wheels and tires. I put aftermarket wheels and new tires on about a month ago and need to get rid of the stock ones. Didn't think to call my dealer. I've got the factory black 20s sitting in my garage.

rp781

Reaction score
Your dealer is offering to buy yours back for $1000. Which wheels and tires. I put aftermarket wheels and new tires on about a month ago and need to get rid of the stock ones. Didn't think to call my dealer. I've got the factory black 20s sitting in my garage.
I'm going to have the 22" rims that come on the Laramie Black Appearance Package. Standard Goodyear's that come on them. The dealer buying them back was based on my buying the new rims and tires from them and being installed right when my truck delivered. They did tell me that if I keep the rims and only replace the tires that they won't buy just the tires back.....you can try the dealer to see what they say. Hope this helps.

John813

Reaction score
Anything is lucky to get 14mpg @80:ROFLMAO:

lol

I've been impressed with the 5.7 Hemi in regards to gas mileage though, even with MDS always off.

Wifes explorer 3.5EB got worse mileage combined compared to the Durango R/T and while I take the evic with a grain of salt, her truck shows 22+mpg at 80 on cruise. And on long trips the hand calcs are only .5mpg off.

Going to see how off the ram is when I fill up tomorrow up the evic usually shows (current) 20-21mpg at 80mph.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cant complain. I put 34s on my 2019 and I am still getting about 19 highway. Took a trip to Oklahoma and ran 80 the whole way.

Users who are viewing this thread