5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Shoes

limited_19

Reaction score
Did you paint the 1500 hood badging?

nope bought the black ones from the dealership. waiting on the rest of the black emblems to be available, they're hoping another couple weeks before the tailgate emblem is available. I got the 4x4 and the ram door logos coming this week.

rp781

Reaction score
nope bought the black ones from the dealership. waiting on the rest of the black emblems to be available, they're hoping another couple weeks before the tailgate emblem is available. I got the 4x4 and the ram door logos coming this week.
That was a smart idea...never thought of doing that. I ended up going Laramie with Black Appearance Package...but when I was considering Limited I wanted all the badging black.....in the end I just didn't want the power side steps so I went Laramie.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
That was a smart idea...never thought of doing that. I ended up going Laramie with Black Appearance Package...but when I was considering Limited I wanted all the badging black.....in the end I just didn't want the power side steps so I went Laramie.

Why no on the power step sides?

rp781

Reaction score
Just not a fan and have heard too many problems...especially in winter here in WI. In addition, I like the look of the permanent steps better. Great concept, just not a fan:)

rp781

Reaction score
I got some new shoes as well on my limited. These are 305/45/r22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2

View attachment 1052
This photo is so helpful as I have a Laramie Black Appearance with the 22's on order. I've been struggling with the standard tires and have been looking to find something that looks a little more aggressive. How is the ride on them? have you had on the highway yet? I do the majority of my driving on highway so I need to consider that too. Post more photos please! Any other mods needed to get those to fit? That is so sharp!

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This photo is so helpful as I have a Laramie Black Appearance with the 22's on order. I've been struggling with the standard tires and have been looking to find something that looks a little more aggressive. How is the ride on them? have you had on the highway yet? I do the majority of my driving on highway so I need to consider that too. Post more photos please! Any other mods needed to get those to fit? That is so sharp!

No issue at all the highway ride is smooth. I have a vibration around 48-55 which could be a balancing issue but nothing at highway speeds. I chose this tire because of it's great reviews although I would have picked Ridge Grapplers but didn't want to be in an LT tire. I think you could squeeze more height in there also but i didn't want to alter much.

rp781

Reaction score
No issue at all the highway ride is smooth. I have a vibration around 48-55 which could be a balancing issue but nothing at highway speeds. I chose this tire because of it's great reviews although I would have picked Ridge Grapplers but didn't want to be in an LT tire. I think you could squeeze more height in there also but i didn't want to alter much.
@sticker500 How are things going with the tires? Any rubbing, issues, adjustments,? Also did you figure out the vibration issue? I'm going to be putting the same tires on the Laramie Black Appearance rims and may truck should be in a couple weeks. Thanks for posting the photo as that is exactly the look I was looking for:)

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to take it back to Firestone to have the re balanced. It's hard to find time, and the weekend they stay so busy. Otherwise besides this issue I haven't had any issues. When I get it checked out I'll post an update. I like the tires though so I hope you like them too!

cjgerson

Reaction score
@sticker500 looks Fantastic! Did you have dealership update the speedometer due to the tire being ~1 in taller?

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Nice trucks I am still trying to figure out what I want to do, Did you sell your stock tires? If so for how much?

rp781

Reaction score
I am trying but they are hard to get rid of. I am asking 400 which is a deal!
That was the same price I was thinking of trying to sell them for. I might be better off just buying new rims and tires and going down to 20"'s. My dealer said they'd buy back the stock rims and tires for $1000. Might actually come out better ahead as the 20" tires are alot less than the 22"s. Then I don't have to mess around trying to sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread