5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New shoes

JRD

Reaction score
did you have any rubbing? curious if you had to do any trimming or not.

do you think you could have gone wider without interfering with UCA?

Davidbt

Reaction score
did you have any rubbing? curious if you had to do any trimming or not.

do you think you could have gone wider without interfering with UCA?
I don't believe there is any rubbing, I have not got under to look. I personally would not like to go wider myself. My intention was to add Bilstein shocks to level it, but of course Amazon sent the wrong shocks. Basically they are one size bigger over stock.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't believe there is any rubbing, I have not got under to look. I personally would not like to go wider myself. My intention was to add Bilstein shocks to level it, but of course Amazon sent the wrong shocks. Basically they are one size bigger over stock.
I kinda tried to do this a long time ago. Every time I hit a hard bump the fender would bang on the taller tire. It was not pleasant. That is what introduced me to Bilstein 5100's. Not for the ride so much but just to give me a bit of clearance. Your mountain trails get really rutted out. You may want to consider staying with your Bilstein idea.

Davidbt

Reaction score
I kinda tried to do this a long time ago. Every time I hit a hard bump the fender would bang on the taller tire. It was not pleasant. That is what introduced me to Bilstein 5100's. Not for the ride so much but just to give me a bit of clearance. Your mountain trails get really rutted out. You may want to consider staying with your Bilstein idea.
Thanks @H2OMAN, I plan on going with the Bilsteins probably in December. We're leaving on a three week trip October 2nd for a trip to Mississippi. They will have to wait until I recoup some funds.

2020 Ram NFLD

Reaction score
Got the Cooper Dicoverer At3 XLT's 275/70/R18's installed today. Amazon sent the wrong Bilsteins, so no level at this time. Kinda like the way it looks as is. View attachment 165363 View attachment 165364 View attachment 165365
I got these installed on my 2020 ram. I wanted the Discovery 4s as they have excellent reviews. But I could not get the 4S anywhere so all I could get was the XLT's. The XLT is a heavier tire and is for heavy loads like HD trucks. I figured the heavier tire would not matter but I found my gas mileage got worse and the ride was much stiffer due to the heavier tire. I don't tow much heavy loads so I think they are overkill for me. When I go to get new tires I will getting 4s or K02's.

Davidbt

Reaction score
I got these installed on my 2020 ram. I wanted the Discovery 4s as they have excellent reviews. But I could not get the 4S anywhere so all I could get was the XLT's. The XLT is a heavier tire and is for heavy loads like HD trucks. I figured the heavier tire would not matter but I found my gas mileage got worse and the ride was much stiffer due to the heavier tire. I don't tow much heavy loads so I think they are overkill for me. When I go to get new tires I will getting 4s or K02's.
If I didn't tow a travel trailer, I wouldn't need the E tires. The rear felt just a little squerly with the stock Goodyear's. I really don't need 3peak tires were we live either, it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread